Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
i finally got the stealers to replace my precats and main cat under the emmissions warranty... its being done today, and i hope it solves alot of my issues.

Question: I wanted to do a B-12 UIM cleaning, using the "on the engine" method. will doing so, damage my new cats?

98 cabernet red Mystique ATX LS sport Duratec hit up my Car Profile for details
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I am not sure if it will damage the cats but the junk that does come off will have to run through the system and the exhaust

I would really remove the intake to do the cleaning, you will have better results from what I understand and the junk will not end up in the engine also

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
No it won't damage them. Just, after you're done, taking it for a good sprint to get the cats really hot, to burn off the crap.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
anyways, i just want to thank eveyone here for all their feedback when i was having troubles.

thanks to all you guys, i was able to convince the dealer that i knew what the hell i was talkin about!

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I've got two things to say:

1. Glad you got things going your way! Keep us updated.

2. Now that you've saved all these GOBS of cash, check the Announcements section for the fundraiser thread. I have donated a few times - specifically when this site has saved me a huge repair bill. This is totally voluntary, of course. I haven't heard anybody mention the fundraiser in a while, so I thought I would bring it back to the table.

Thanks Lance!!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
desiboy1530:
anyways, i just want to thank eveyone here for all their feedback when i was having troubles.

thanks to all you guys, i was able to convince the dealer that i knew what the hell i was talkin about!

I live in Montreal, andwork for a ford dealer. Where did you get the repair done? Simple question.

Nic.

Contour 99 MTX V6 fully loaded, stock with 110000km. Illuminated sunroof switch. About to do the mystique rear dome light conversion with eyeball dome light.
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Nic, you've asked me this before in my
overheat post

anyways to answer your question again, i bought my car at Action ford on Jean Talon, but i have it serviced at Ford Lincoln Gabriel on St.Jacques street. i find they're customer service to be much better and its easier to get to during rush hour if need be.

where do you work? dont worry i aint gonna come there to harass you for free advice.. thats what CEG is for (i will donate though)

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard