Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#1173038 02/01/05 10:38 PM
G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Well, I bought a rear ATI subframe, now I want an Aussie Bar, but they are no longer available. I have located a place that makes custom sway bars and they do tubular (hollow) bars (and give group discounts). I would be interested in arranging a group buy if enough interest existed. I will be sending some info. to the vendor to see what the cost would be to have them manufactured.

Thanks,

Art Baker

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Well, if its an actual "Aussie" bar, then yea Im in. Cuz i kno the actual one was only made for a period of time. And I think people will go for rear strut bars, more than sway bars.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
No, it would not be an "original" Aussie bar. It would be a copy, but of the same dimensions.

Art

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
well I would but I'm buying one off a guy soon.

N
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
N
Not trying to be nit-picky or start anything, but you may want to ask Stazi about using the name "aussie bar" for this. Since he is the one who originally got the bars made and they are named after him, Stazi the Aussie. He may even be willing to help you with dimensions, specs, etc. Good luck with this. I have an original aussie bar and the thing is awesome.

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by NorMich99SE:
Not trying to be nit-picky or start anything, but you may want to ask Stazi about using the name "aussie bar" for this. Since he is the one who originally got the bars made and they are named after him, Stazi the Aussie. He may even be willing to help you with dimensions, specs, etc. Good luck with this. I have an original aussie bar and the thing is awesome.

Yea, I wouldnt want to call it an Aussie bar, but if its the same thing, yea Im in, I was lookin for somethin like it.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Apologies to Stazi - I did not realize where the name came from. I will try to email him to see if he would be willing to help with dimensions / ect.

Thanks,

Art

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by goalcoach:
Apologies to Stazi - I did not realize where the name came from. I will try to email him to see if he would be willing to help with dimensions / ect.

Thanks,

Art

Anastazi is a professional suspension engineer. He designed the â??Aussieâ? bar while employed by the American Axle company in 2000/2001. A hell of a lot of work and testing went into tuning this thing specifically for our platform.

If you reverse engineer this component and have it manufactured without his EXPLICIT permission, at the very least youâ??ll be subject to endless criticism from the CEG faithful.

Honestly, do your homework on this. You are offering to reproduce and sell a part named after a CEG member â??? and you clearly have not done even a minimal amount of searching on the subject! CEG has a rich history on this available to anyone who uses the search function.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I am sure a few performance companies would be interested in buying some of these

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
can anyone say what the actual benefits of installing this bar will be on a street driven car? is it mainly only helpful on the track or will it also be really good in spirited off track driving as well? will it negatively affect ride quality?

if this is something that i can really enjoy in my daily driving and in my spirited canyon runs, then consider me in. especially since i may be ordering the ATI GB tomorrow.

so please, share your sway bar knowledge by tomorrow.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard