Originally posted by ODC:
KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE !

I have(had) this problem.

I brought it into Ford for them to check it out since its under warranty and first they replaced the DPFE sensor, wasn't it, they called to confirm I was using for 91 oct, check, took a look at my trans and fluid, check and check, they called svt and to try replacing the maf sensor.

With the new maf sensor it fixed 80%-90% of the problem. its still there, but really really lightly, and its a little stronger (the buck) from 2800-3000.

My next plans are maybe replacing the tb with an opt. and a new iac, but at a certain point with a card that is only 6 years old and less than 40k km's on the odo (yes 40,000 kms), [censored] Ford in the ass. There is just way too much headache with this car.

And I can't seem to get the [censored] mileage figured out with no cel's, 195 sized winter tires, and only getting 18mpg.

I replaced the whole unit also, not just the motor.

So why were they thinking it was your MAF?? It's just really odd that this problem would come up after replacing the fuel pump, especially since my engine was strong before the old one went. I'm thinking maybe the issue is something with the amperage that the new pump is drawing. (is it at all different?) Perhaps this could throw off the EEC. I'm going to talk with a tech down at Ford tomorrow to see if they know what's going on with this. I know the pump is under warranty for a year, but if we are all getting this issue, then I don't think replacing the pump again will fix it.

-Chris 2000 SE Sport V6 5spd (all stock except for EO brakes)