Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Rossetti:
Come on y'all, admit it, the 1998 and up SE with stock Ford wheels is a much cleaner, and overall better looking car than any of the early/late Contiques.

I think the Black is the best.

I totally agree

Here's an example of a random black tour, I pulled out...just beautiful

99 Black Contour SE Sport
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
i know this is off the subject.. but i like the svt's.. the best.. and i have one.. haha..

the other day i was driving and i saw an svt..and it was in the dark.. so i thought man that is a cool car.. and it was an other svt. hahaa.. i didnt know my car looked that good when i cruz down the street...
hahah..

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by ancientsanskrit:
Originally posted by Rossetti:
I think the Black is the best.

I totally agree

Here's an example of a random black tour, I pulled out...just beautiful

whore...

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
I think they are both good looking cars...however the SVT gets that "what kinda car is this?" quite often...the extra's on the body kit is what separate the best from the rest..j/K...i must say i like the aluminum polished rims on the 95/96 SE model.

98 Silver Frost EO 90 Grand Am H.O. Quad 4 300,000+ miles
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by KyleH:
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
I think the best looking models were 96-97 T-Red SE's with tan leather. I say 96-97 because I dont like the chrome strips on the bumper for 95.

Ditto

Yes, I agree. Spring will be time to start thinking about getting rid of my chrome.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
there is nothing like a midnight red SE at dusk with the SE aluminum wheels ...

black does look nice but I like the blue also

the caberet red and chanpgane are also great colors

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I think appearance wise, the SVTs are number 1 (regardless of color). For the number 2 spot, I would have to go with the 1998-2000 Mystique LS....and I'm not just saying that because I own one.

When buying, I looked for Mystiques rather than contour SE's. I love the shape and lines of the 98+ hood, as well as the sharp angled headlights and grille, and I like the mystique bumper better than the SE bumper. Even the Mystique LS wheels are hot imo.

Now I, too, feel compelled to post a random example :

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by KyleH:
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
I think the best looking models were 96-97 T-Red SE's with tan leather. I say 96-97 because I dont like the chrome strips on the bumper for 95.

Ditto

Ditto. I made a concession in accepting the grey interior, and at the time I didn't want leather. But I love red over tan.

Personally, I think the front end of the 98+ non-SVT looks awkward--big eyeballs with little mouth, and the lower chin deleted.

Last edited by RogerB; 01/25/05 07:43 PM.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Pick:
Sorry, but I would never had bought a Contour if Ford didn't make the SVT. Just love it's lines and people always asked me "what kind of car is that?"

agreed. the first time saw one in the local dealers showroom i knew i had to have one.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Q
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Originally posted by Quick_SVT:
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Originally posted by Jason43:
I think the SVT's are definately the best looking Contique. Thet're a very clean looking car, not 'overpimped' at all. Second best would have to be the pre-98 SE with side skirts, factory rims, lip spoiler etc.

I'm buying one of these in a couple of days. But I still also like how my '95 LX looks with the BAT suspension and E1 rims...lean and clean.

I'm with both of you, i'm lucky enough to own both a SVT and a 97 SE i love my SE, but the SVT looks sick in stock form... good luck with the SVT hunting Jeb!

Heehee, I meant I've agreed to buy a '97 SE MTX. Whee!

Oh cool! i love mine...

#3162 of 6535 98 SVT Silver frost Viper Responder 791 w/ 2way remote start Let the modding begin!
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard