Originally posted by zakatak:
I know there has been a whole mess of misfire related posts lately, but mine is different. I've had it in my '95 SE for at least a year now and it used to only show up at lower RPMs under load. A plug change would to take care of it for a few months, but now they get the same carbon tracking in just a few weeks. Tonight it was misfiring from idle all the way up past 5000. It was backfiring through the intake when I'd take off from a stop and the mis showed up under normal slow city driving, something it has never really done. I have new plugs (Autolite APP764), new Ford plug wires, new Ford coil pack, new fuel filter, good fuel pressure, and no cel/codes. What's left guys? Cam/crank position sensor? I read on here that you could unplug the cam sensor (the engines runs on some sort of bank fire mode) but this made no difference in how the car ran. I know a couple Ford mechanics here in town and they're running out of ideas too. The last thing I want to do is take it to the dealership, but I need to get this fixed. Thanks much.

Im having this same problem with my zetec. So any info would help me to.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?