Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
S
S
Looks similar to the exhaust pipes I bent for a customer of mine with my FOREHEAD laugh
If you think that hurts, my head hurts from looking at that pic.....

How can anyone justify that being as or more efficient than mandrel bent pipes :rolleyes:

Performance Xpress Racing
Silverbulitt@msn.com

Our websit www.PXRacing.com is coming soon!!

We carry Contour/Cougar parts for the 2.5 Duratech and 2.0 Zetec
E
E
Quote:
Originally posted by supersvt:
ok. i have read this entire thread twice and have almost thrown up both times me being a moron and all and wanting to buy an exahust what is the best possible exhaust system i can buy that will increase performance and i dont care about sound its all about the performance
Overall, Bassani (mandrel bent) with the resonators removed has been known to show the largest increases in horsepower. And yes, I have a dyno plot to prove it if anybody wants to see it. Its in my sig. No, its not $1000 either, with a little searching, you can get it for about $580ish shipped.

Oh and Dan, if that dyno plot shows up and you decide to take a sledge to your Bassani, drop me some pics and maybe a dyno plot of how it turns out. wink laugh

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150
svt1675@comcast.net
This Shine brought to you by the letter "Z" for Zaino
T
T
Settle down, guys. It's a friggin exhaust pipe. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on exhaust pipes. If you think an extra 3 or 4 horses are gonna make a world of difference, then happy dementia to ya. In my opinion, everyone here is right. Just no more math equations, OK?

98 SE Sport 2.5, ATX
Dark Green Satin Metallic
No mods yet (does hail damage count?)
W
W
It doesn't look too bad. It is definitely crush bent, but apparently not so extreme as to be a bad exhaust. I expected it to look worse.
That said, I would bet my car on the fact that it is not more efficient(regarding pressure drop) to a mandrel bent sytem of the same configuration and diameter.

warmonger

You can call me anything you like as long as it's nice.(all lies accepted)
99 Silver Frost SVT. #226 of 2760
Engine: 3.0 power!
Unique Stuff: Sunroof control module (#1 of 9)
Car Audio: Loaded and loud!
Check them out at
http://home.earthlink.net/~twilson1726
R
R
OK,

Ima going to summa it up for you frigin daffodils.. (I'm italian and I'm fired up!) Since you people don't obviously like Cardoc in any way - All he has seemed to ever do is just to make an honest attempt at helping people (Gee, before all the true duals came along and 3Liters and such) Cardoc used to be a prominent person that ALOT of people including myself either emailed/PM'd or posted to ask for his help. He answered every one of my emails and also I remember he answered everyones posts with all the knowledge he had on that particular subject. (Case in point an outstanding CEG'er) I've known him for about a year now.. And before that I knew of him and wanted to talk to him because of his knowledge. The only thing I've seen in the past year or so with him defending himself is the fact that all he has ever done is try to help people. If the really smart people like Rara and Steve Bassen and DemonSVT and a few others that stick out like a sore thumb in the search articles would actually give the guy a chance to explain and share ideas... You would think twice about what you say and think about him. I NEVER read a post where he ever single handedly ridiculed or told someone they were stupid for their idea. He never took for granted what someone was thinking like some of the "many" here. It seems to me that he NEVER sought out people like Steve b, rara and DemonSVT. You people made the site and him the way it is. I never saw him provoke you in any way - Just answer questions for other people and offer up the knowledge he had. It's a shame that someone like myself hates to post here, but more or less I was moved to post in this forum because it's getting real old about these attacks on him. The guy never did ANYTHING to you people except try to help out. Do you realize that alot of people have gone to the other site just out of respect for the guy and everything he has tried to do for everyone?

Attack him, belittle him - It's gotten so old that the only people that alot of people are tired of hearing from is "you". "YOU" referring to the few that just don't get it. He doesn't need to belong to your special "clique", he carries his own group and doesn't have to act like a a$$hole to get people to respect him.

(Ok personal stuff aside)

I asked Cardoctor about his exhaust system and the reason why it wasn't mandrel bent. You want to know the real reason why it isn't? Have any of you even asked? Do you have one shred of a clue? Well... I'm going to fill you in. He used to work for a Custom exhaust shop that did performance exhaust on Mustangs, Camaro's and old vintage cars (i.e. historical and hot rods). The bender in that shop is a crush bender - the business has been around for over 30 years doing custom exhausts for loyal customers everyday. Why would you expect him to go out and spend money for pre-formed mandrel pieces? On top of that why would you question a man who dis it for a living? He seems to have taste - Those that know him closely say that he is very "particular" about his car and what goes on it... So it's too much to imagine that you could actually trust the guy for that. I mean a guy that spends 8 hours with making exhaust designs before he found one that sounded good sounds pretty "particular" doesn't he? I'm sure he just didn't slap that on there in one hour... From what I can tell his was the first quasi dual with dual rear pipes, this was something that he hadn't originally planned on doing, but something that came to him while another car was in the shop. This gave him the idea - He did it and then showed it to us (CEG). Now you ridicule him?? There's no technical about this... He showed us everything about it, helped those that wanted to copy it.. and sold systems to those that were interested. The really sad part is that these people are happy... They don't care that they might not have the most powerful system on the market (which is up in the air because who knows... It just might be..) It was the neatest best thing on the market at the time. Does that mean that everyone should do true duals?? Well - Look at any true dual that was done after his and you will see the same design for the rear pipes... Did they get the idea from him???? I bet the collective Paypal CEG amount that they did.

Anyhow - I've never seen him turn his back to anyone, he is loyal to the group that he started in his state and many like him. What is the problem with just getting along?

John

P.S. Warmonger... Your bet might be right - But comparing his system to the same system mandrel bent would not really show much efficiency gain. There is a certain point when no matter how you try to improve the flow... You run out of ideas because you realize the system might be over designed for the car itself. I sincerely hope that you understand you could unbolt his design and run a small block 350 and have no problems. Do you really think a 155 cubic engine is going to have problems breathing through it??? Hello - anyone home?

Rara... I never posted dyno #'s. You better re-read this post. Obviously overlooking something as small as this would be easy for a dote like you. And do you have to be an absolute dick? Pep Boys doesn't sell Vortex mufflers idiot. They are only sold to shops - If you see one at Pep Boys.. I'll give you a cookie.

Here's the scoop on that muffler:

High performance muffler
Maremont Exhaust Products, Inc. features the Cherry Bomb Vortex, a high performance muffler. It is available for popular performance automobiles and light trucks, reduces back pressure and maximizes horsepower. Vortex mufflers are built with all-welded aluminized steel construction, which combined with the use of stainless steel wool and fiberglass acoustic media, ensure long life. Maremont Exhaust Products, Inc.

Doesn't sound like Pep Boy's product to me... Now let me see which one you are... Hmm - Manny Moe or Jack??? Really you must be Moe - Because only a shMOE like you could be such a blatant ass.

1999 Contour SVT
J
JVT Offline
J
Ratchie,

wake up and smell the coffee. Should I point you to about 8 threads which would change your opinion of Cardoc immediately? If not, you're about as hardheaded as they come.

Calling us dicks and morons will sure to earn you respect, not that you had to earn in in the first place.

Everyone has their opinion of Cardoc, me included, and Cardoc has an opinion about the CEG.

There is a REASON why so many people don't like him. You don't get that many pissed off at you for little stupid stuff. If he was such an angel as you perceive him to be, then please, why does he have a wicked 9 active members on his forums? And if the CEG sucks so bad (according to you), why do we have about 500 active members? Something surely doesn't add up.

Too bad Cardoc deleted all the posts in which he was proven wrong, and went off on whoever proved him wrong. I've seen it happen about 4 times, but again, too bad he deleted all those threads.

Or shall I point you to a thread in svtperformance.com in which Cardoc displays his marvels?

In any case, don't let the door hit yo a$$ on the way out, and enjoy looking 2 posts a day by the same people at the 'other' site.

Buh-bye.

'98 SVT - modded
-15.01@91.8
'95 Suzuki GS500E
-faster than the above
---wanting a Speed Triple or Superhawk badly
R
R
And who are you?

Threads deleted? I read the one on SVTPerformance. IIRC I was told by someone on another site that there was a copyright infringement when some loser tried to use "Cardoctor's" property against him. I guess it led to their hosting account being permanently banned. This account I heard had property from the many "few" that hate Cardoc so much... And you call him malicious? You call him a loser? Gee, that's about as low as they come. Hate? Hate? yeah - I said it twice because I could never HATE someone on an internet forum. Obviously you can, and the other's like "you". You show HATE for someone on the same team as you. You truly are a marvelous spectacle yourself "hater"... You are truly a joke. I laugh at you for the pityful fool you are. And the rest of my post will be me laughing at you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

A certain quote comes to mind:

"Go to Fatburger from now on where you can get a cheesburger and fries for $2.99...

FAGGOT!"

That truly fits here.

Always amazed at idiots...

John

P.S. Since you are truly a marvel...

500 members out of 6000 sounds alot worse than 9 out of 500 shizhead. If it weren't for your inbred brother and sisters that keep signing up over and over again because they can't remember their UBB password - Maybe you would only have 500 real members. God and I thought we learned 1+1 in grade school (It's not required to sign up EVERYTIME you want to post to this forum is it?). Please regress to that rock you came from - As you are definately not the brightest headlight in the bunch.

1999 Contour SVT
T
T
"i like the tuna here"
"bull**** *******, nobody likes the tuna here"

laugh

oh, and:

No car anymore ;\ (taking a break from driving due to several misfortunate occurances)
Newest mod for my Dad's Cobra 'vert: My beautiful girlfriend and I for passengers when we want to go somewhere laugh
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by Ratchie1:
500 members out of 6000 sounds alot worse than 9 out of 500 shizhead.
It may sound worse...but 500 out of 6000 is 8.3% active members, while 9 out of 500 is 1.8% wink

Speed kills, but it beats going slow!

Simon Langley
Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)
269.3 FWHP, 195.4 TQ
14.123 @ 97.36
All go, and no show!
Vortech, Quaife, Driveshaft Shop Stage II axles, Magnecore Wires, Custom True Dual Exhaust.
CDW-27 1/4 Mile Registry
J
JVT Offline
J
Quote:
Originally posted by Ratchie1:
And who are you?
Member for 3 years. Next.

Quote:
Threads deleted?
That's what I said, didn't I?

Quote:
And you call him malicious? You call him a loser? Gee, that's about as low as they come.
Did I call him malicious? Did I call him a loser?

No, so sit the f*ck down, and STFU.

Quote:
You truly are a marvelous spectacle yourself "hater"... You are truly a joke. I laugh at you for the pityful fool you are. And the rest of my post will be me laughing at you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

A certain quote comes to mind:
:rolleyes:

Mmmmmk, about the lamest flamewar-starting comment I've ever seen.

Quote:
Always amazed at idiots...
How fitting, see below....

Quote:
500 members out of 6000 sounds alot worse than 9 out of 500 shizhead.
500 out of 6000 - 8.3% of members that register stay on as regulars

9 out of 500 - 1.8% of members that register stay on as regulars.

Last time I checked, 8.3% is better than 1.8%, so who's the idiot now? Lets not get to which site generates more traffic.

Quote:
If it weren't for your inbred brother and sisters that keep signing up over and over again because they can't remember their UBB password - Maybe you would only have 500 real members.
Quite original with that statement.

Quote:
God and I thought we learned 1+1 in
school.
Yeah, so did I, and one of us didn't pay attention and that one ain't me.

Quote:
Please regress to that rock you came from - As you are definately not the brightest headlight in the bunch.
Speak for yourself, see above.

IF you wanna resort to name calling which is obviously your forte, feel free to PM me, so you don't bore the living piss out of the other members with your useless banter.

Again, buh-bye.

'98 SVT - modded
-15.01@91.8
'95 Suzuki GS500E
-faster than the above
---wanting a Speed Triple or Superhawk badly
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard