GrandMasterKhan â??? maybe
JEDsContour â??? definitely
Docfeelgood111 (Cougar) - maybe
R G â??? definitely
BDSVT â??? definitely
Ronan â??? definitely
TourDeForce â??? maybe
RogerB â??? later

In addition I just called Rick to get everyoneâ??s questions answered.

1. They do not just reinforce the stock sway bar mounts instead they entirely replace them with (very) heavy duty two-bolt mounts that they fabricate themselves. But, NO, they do not add any other reinforcements or make any other modifications to the sub-frame. Rick told me that the stock sub-frame already has two layers of material around the control arm mounts and he could see no other areas that he felt would benefit from additional reinforcement or modification. If any of you have had problems with another area of your sub-frame, Rick would like to know.

2. After the new sway bar mounts have been welded on the sub-frame they repaint it with Eastwood â??rust encapsulatorâ? to protect it from the elements.

3. Currently they do not have a picture of the modified sub-frame available, but Rick said they would have one on the web-site by the end of next week. He will send me a link to post here when the pictures are up.

4. Rick is not sure if the sub-frame is the same on a Cougar or not, but ATI has one coming in on Monday for some other work and he said he would check it out and let me know on Tuesday if the sub-frames are the same.

5. If you have a moderate amount of mechanical knowledge and ability you can do the sub-frame swap yourself in about a day. No special tools are required to do the swap and you do not have to remove the fuel tank. However, you should take your car to an alignment shop to have a 4-wheel alignment done after the swap.

6. ATI does not provide any hardware with the modified sub-frame. Rick said that a car like mine, from the southwest, always garaged and with less than 55,000 miles, shouldnâ??t need new hardware, but I would strongly advise the use of new hardware any time you install new suspension components. Energy Suspension makes the sway bar mounts (http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/swaybbct.html) and they can be purchased online through Performance Depot (performancedepot.com). As for the Ford mounting hardware, Bill Jenkins or Tim Vierra at Signature Lincoln Mercury, (702) 457-0321, can get it for you at a discount.

I hope that answers all of the questions. Now all I need to do is convince Rick (Buckshot77) and/or Brad (bnoon) to make me a set (or two) of adjustable tubular aluminum controls arms (leading arms, trailing arms and sway bar brackets) so I can install them on my sub-frames before I put them on my cars.

The Original Owner of 1998 SVT Contour #3384 of 6535, Toreador Red/Midnight Blue, Assembled September 3rd, 1997 Also the Original Owner of a 1998.5 Contour SE Sport V6 5-speed, Vibrant White/Greystone Sport Cloth, Assembled August 6th, 1998