Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
R
OP Offline
R
To Bruce Herring,
My post was not SPAM, I have not, nor will I ever SPAM (shill) for anyone! I was trying to bring some good information to this forum. Before I purchased my CSVT in January of 1999, this is the first place I found relevant info, whenever someone questioned me about my car and wanted to know more, I pointed them here. I have been very ill for the last two years and have posted very little, and visited here less and less. I was so happy with this system I thought I would share my joy of finding a good deal, not knowing that the forum that I once knew as a nice place to hang out at would turn into a vicious, back biting, childish, argumentative, inbred bunch of babies wanting to protect their little corner of the playground. I am truly saddened by this state of affairs, like I said before, I will take any deals, discoveries, informational tips, and well wishes somewhere else.
-RoxRocket

1998.5 E1 Torreador Red #4507 of 6535
B&M Shifter, ShoShop UDP, KKM Intake, CarDoc Exhaust
R
R
Mandrel bending of tubing DOES NOT cost more to do! I've been doing it for 21 years and I should know. Man I tell you, the marketing whores sure do have a tight grip on you guy's. By the way when was the last time a Dyno crossed a finish line? Another fine example of marketing. LOL ROFL!!!!!! smile smile

W
W
This post just sucks!
It seems that too much energy is going into something that would really be solved on a dyno. NO, dyno numbers don't win races, the driver does. However, if the dyno says you drop 600HP versus another car which drops 200HP, then most likely my money is on the 600 HP car!

As far as the Battle between crush bend and mandrel bend: Not enough information presented here to make good assumptions. I haven't seen a good photo of a Cardoc system yet. I haven't seen any testing information, etc. I bet if Doc were to dyno test his system and it even came out a little better than stock, he'd have even more supporters. In the end, it comes down to taste.

warmonger

You can call me anything you like as long as it's nice.(all lies accepted)
99 Silver Frost SVT. #226 of 2760
Engine: 3.0 power!
Unique Stuff: Sunroof control module (#1 of 9)
Car Audio: Loaded and loud!
Check them out at
http://home.earthlink.net/~twilson1726
G
G
Quote:
Originally posted by warmonger:
As far as the Battle between crush bend and mandrel bend: Not enough information presented here to make good assumptions.
The battle is not between crush bend and mandrel bend, because we all know that if you compare 2 exact same systems side by side (one press bent, and one mandrel bent), that the mandrel bent system will flow better. It has been proven many many many times over.

That is not the point. The point being argued here, is that Dom's system, compared to Borla, Bassani, etc, flows as good or better. All we are asking for is side by side dyno plots. Not some crazy physics formula, not opinions, nothing but a simple dyno plot.

You cannot argue rock solid proof as shown on a dyno plot. (I am sure it will be argued though).

1991 GVR4
Lots of mods done.
B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Quote:
Originally posted by mangler:
[b]BTW, my two rear pipes on mine are 2.25, with "nasty" crush bends. But then , if you add up the total area of those 2 pipe, you end up with plenty for a 2.5L engine now don't you...

The biatch is heavy, but if I really wanted light, I would of gone for a nice single setup...
Except air flow does not work that way. Every time it is squeezed down due to a crush bend it slows down in velocity & adds more turbulence.
Repeat this process for every crush bend. Then double it for having 2 pipes. It adds up very quickly!

Crush bending is a cheap way to build exhaust and you get cheap results.

I choose performance every time![/b]
Airflow actually speeds up at the crush bend. (Bernoulli???)

Black E1
D
D
Posted by Roxrocket

Quote:
The problem with the factory exhaust along with every other exhaust system that
copies the factory layout (Bassini, Borla, SCA) have the same tinny, raspy, ricy
ringing sound.
I am not bothered by your decision to leave. You opened up with one of your first posts on CEG by calling everybodys exhaust "ricy" (except your crush bent masterpiece). In addition to being rediculous (virtually no one would call any of these exhausts ricy), and somewhat rude, you lost credibility right off the bat. THEN, you post some dyno numbers (actually twice???) that show power LOSSES with systems shown previously shown to gain power - highly "unusual" to say the least that a crush bent system would gain MORE than a mandrel bent. But NO DYNO spreads or further explaination were forthcomming, despite several requests. And now YOU'RE indignant and pissed off. :rolleyes:

Now, if you DO provide those graphs I may have to take a hammer to the Bassani and "crush" the bends good to gain power.

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760)
Stock SVT Duratec V6 with:
Intake- K&N filter/75mm MAF meter
Exhaust- MSDS Y-pipe/Bassani catback
Durability-Ford "dual mode" damper, Mobil 1/K&N oil filter
179.2 FWHP at 6900 RPM
R
R
Ok, I'm lost. 14 opinions - Everybody pissing in the same pool, ex-SVT owners trying to dictate... WTF do you call this? Sad.

Let me see what I can infer from all this. Dyno's don't drive down the road - Many many scientific principles all pulled in, numbers are mentioned but quickly dis-credited. I dare to ask why you even bother to have a forum if you don't want to at lease ENTERTAIN the thought of something that MIGHT be out of your RANGE of understanding.

This actually points to DEMON and others that see mandrel as the save all. Laminar flow is the smoothest flow you can have in either liquid or air. No matter if you have mandrel or crush, 90 degree bends cause turbulence to the outside wall of the pipe - Making the flow slow down and the pressure rise (velocity slows) (This is in a single pipe setup).

Now, take two pipes for instance - with crush bends (not completely restricted like you people act like it is). The crush actually speeds velocity and drops the pressure.

BUT YOU CAN"T GET UNDER THE CAR TO SEE THAT SO YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT!

I'm not going to call you people morons, but I will call you ignorant. Ignorant to the fact that some things are above your understanding and simply arguing your way out of the conversation like you know what you are talking about is pure bullshiz. Now I know why some of the local parts suppliers hate CEG'ers. It's people like you that make the rest of the good people look bad. Just like KKM, I'm sure you have beaten the KKM to death and in effect it is a great product.

Remember people that these are all choices, and with choices there are going to be different opinions. Rox never started this to attack anyone personally, just to give his opinion which I thought the CEG was about. Obviously all CEG cares about is the opinion of a "few". Everybody is different - If you can't see and deal with diversity - CEG is fuk'd.

John

EDIT - P.S.

Here's a thought you infantile babies, why not purchase a Cardoc system and pool others and do your own comparison. Because if you believe that the person giving you the information is full of shiz - You yourself have no stoop to stand on either. I can't believe that you fools would actually argue about something that you have even said you've never seen in person. God are you people arrogant and shallow. Buy the damn system, dyno it and be done. Cardoc was never really concentrating on the performance aspect so he never dyno'd it (It's not because he couldn't) but because it wasn't important to him (He was concentrating on the sound aspect) you jack-off's. This whole post has pretty much angered me to the point that I know that I won't be coming back much at all anymore.

Cheers, and have fun screwing everyone around!

John

1999 Contour SVT
D
D
Quote:
Cardoc was never really concentrating on the
performance aspect so he never dyno'd it (It's not because he couldn't) but because
it wasn't important to him
Well said.

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760)
Stock SVT Duratec V6 with:
Intake- K&N filter/75mm MAF meter
Exhaust- MSDS Y-pipe/Bassani catback
Durability-Ford "dual mode" damper, Mobil 1/K&N oil filter
179.2 FWHP at 6900 RPM
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Nixon:

Now, if you DO provide those graphs I may have to take a hammer to the Bassani and "crush" the bends good to gain power.
LOL!

Dan you kill me!

-Andy

Andy Watson
'99 Silver SVT #2397| DOB 07/29/99
Graci!

American Iron Shoot Out - Event Promoter!
Check it out, we need your input!
Www Dot American Iron Shoot Out Dot Com
S
S
ok. i have read this entire thread twice and have almost thrown up both times me being a moron and all and wanting to buy an exahust what is the best possible exhaust system i can buy that will increase performance and i dont care about sound its all about the performance

"Evolution Zero"
B&M short throw
Msds headers & y pipe
Borla exhaust
Smoked Tailights
*Coming Soon*
DMD
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard