I've been following this thread for a few days now. Let me first just say that anyone that has read to this point can undestand why i choose to buy a catback instead of design my own.

Crush vs Mandrel. Hmmm, lets see.... It seems to me that most of the larger exhaust manufactures use mandrel bends. Do you really think they would do so if there was not a benefit? They could charge the same price for crush bent systems as mandrel bent, and i think we can all agree that crush bent costs less to manufacture. Not to say that there is even a measurable difference in a single bend but my factory SE system had no less than 8 in the catback section. My borla has none.

I am an MET, though im a computer geek by trade. Any ME out there should agree that there are a number of vaiables that have to be considered in designing an exhaust system, and though most have been mentioned, they have not been mentioned together and in the proper context. This isn't just back yard science guys. I don't claim to have all the answeres or know all the equations.

As far as cardocs system goes, the original post just looked like spam to me, and i think that may be part of the reason so many people started slinging. That said, It would be nice to see a head to head dyno and scale shootout between all the manufactures (borla, brullen, cardoc, etc etc) various configurations.

Whats my point? I forgot it after reading through all this crap. confused

98 SE
BAT Big Brake Kit "C", Throttle Hang Fix, B&M Shifter, Lightly Cracked Secondaries, BAT Euro Handling Kit, 20% tint, Removed Ding Strips, ES Motor Mount Inserts, Borla CatBack, Apexi SAFC, HighTower Rear Brace, BAT 19mm rear bar, MSDS Headers & Y, AFE 20-35008 filter, ClutchMasters Stage 1, Fidanza FlyWheel, SVT T.B.
====OnOrder====
svt uppers and lowers,