Bnoon, true, I left out a bunch, but I was trying to keep it short. Not only just that it is a pulse, but that the pulse's duration and frequency changes with RPM. So a system can be tuned to a cetain RPM but not all RPM's Also temperature changes (Gas laws PV1=PV2, etc). Fortunately we are 4 cycle and not 2 cycle, where the scavenging effects, reflection of pulses, etc are much more important and add to the complexity of the exhaust design.

I guess the word here is that exhausts are more then a length of pipe to keep the exhaust quiet and behind the car .

cool

Quote:
Originally posted by bnoon:
It's not the actual crush that reduces overall flow, it's the portion directly after the crush that flares back out to the original diameter that is the turbulent restriction. The low pressure void created by the expansion after the crush bends causes backflow, if only for an instant. It is possible for this design of exhaust to be better than the stock SVT system because of the differently designed split, but it would not outperform the same Cardoc type system with mandrel bends.

Richard, you have all of the numbers, formulas, and results, but you miss one very important thing to add... Exhaust gas isn't a constant. It's a series of pulses. wink

mmars, very impressive duals man!!! eek I'll be doing something very similar!!!

"My Name is Richard. I am a Contouraholic."
1999 SE Sport Duratec ATX Spruce Green; Drop--In K&N Filter; VentShades;
Fog Lamp Fix Mod & PIAA510s with Bumper Braces & Stock Type aiming screw mod;
PIAA 9006 Super White Headlamps
AIWA CDC-MP3 HU; WeatherTech Mats
Viper 600ESP w/Remote entry