Quote:
Originally posted by Trapps:
demon, I'm no physicyist, but when a a diameter decreases, doesn't flow speed increse? A simple question from a guy who took High School physics a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.........
confused
http://www.atlans.org/elements/fluids/pg11.html of course this is a stupid attempt to explain what I almost remember - and may apply only to liquids as air is more easily compressed than liquids(proven by the Beer Consumption - Flatulence/Belching/Urination studies - which incorparated input and output diameters - completed as the basis of my Phd) laugh .

Finally, IMHO, mandrel bending [b]is
superior to crush bending, but like so many things in life, it is (in our Contour Exhaust Example) a very steep point of diminishing return versus cost.

Mark[/b]
Nope just the opposite assuming smooth angled reducer/enlarger the following is true. Necking down the diameter reduces pressure and incresses velocity. Necking up the diameter increases pressure but reduces velocity. Check out a book on fluid dynamics, as it's been years since i got out of school and i don't remember any of the equations.

98 SE
BAT Big Brake Kit "C", Throttle Hang Fix, B&M Shifter, Lightly Cracked Secondaries, BAT Euro Handling Kit, 20% tint, Removed Ding Strips, ES Motor Mount Inserts, Borla CatBack, Apexi SAFC, HighTower Rear Brace, BAT 19mm rear bar, MSDS Headers & Y, AFE 20-35008 filter, ClutchMasters Stage 1, Fidanza FlyWheel, SVT T.B.
====OnOrder====
svt uppers and lowers,