Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Dan Nixon:
Accusump solves the problem on the 2.5..inadequete head drains or not. $300 = cheap insurance. So what class would THAT put you in?

The Accusump would put you in either DSP (Contour SVT, The other contours are not listed in SP but the cougar is in DSP also so I would assume that the rest of the contours would fall into DSP or might already be there via fasttrack) or to SM because all SP mods are legal in SM.

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends
W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
I voted 3.0. Just like you, I've been thinking about this recently. I'm just amazed that you still only have 70K on the clock! I'm already at 76k! Before I started Autoxing, I was 3.0 all the way. Then after I got hooked, I started worrying about what class that would put me in. I've decided that I'm not concerned about that, I'll rebuild it the way that will give me the most enjoyment for the 99% of the time I'll be driving it, not the 1% of the time I'll be AutoXing.

To be perfectly honest, I'm like moxnix in that I am starting to lean towards just getting rid of it and getting something a little more suited for AutoX out of the box. But the way my finances are right now, I hope I don't have to even worry about it for a while yet!

Roger - "Old Guy" "Every car is a sports car sometime." 1999 White SE Sport V6 MTX 2005 Toyota Sienna - 8 passenger
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Quote:

To be perfectly honest, I'm like moxnix in that I am starting to lean towards just getting rid of it and getting something a little more suited for AutoX out of the box

From experience. Don't waste your time, something better suited.

98 3.0 svt: Sold
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
Quote:

To be perfectly honest, I'm like moxnix in that I am starting to lean towards just getting rid of it and getting something a little more suited for AutoX out of the box

From experience. Don't waste your time, something better suited.

I fight this battle in my head constantly. Sometimes I want to chuck it all, sell the car, and get that E36 M3. What a great all-rounder that would be. But that's like a $12,000 answer to a $3,000 problem.

For now, I'm "committed" to the Contour. (Straight jacket, please!)

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by RogerB:

I fight this battle in my head constantly.

Then do it smart...keep the car as stock as possible and run it that class. Cheap (er), and keeps everything in perspective. You can still do the little "cheater" things everyone does in that class...but you can focus on developing your driving skills vs what mod you'll need next to even try and keep up with the "Jones"...

My $.02

T-red E0 SVT ATS 17x7.5 Comp Lites, 215/45/17 Falken 512s, Ausi Bar, Boxed subframe, Poli all around, Warmonger's Opt Y, Opt TB, AFE, DMD, NGK's, Bendix Ti, Alpine, Polk, Mobil-1 0W-40, Redline MTL.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Quote:

Sometimes I want to chuck it all, sell the car, and get that E36 M3.

Hey man I know what it's like as you can see in my sig. Except my dream is an E30

98 3.0 svt: Sold
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I just put my stock airbox back on and run G stock... Nobody can tell otherwise...

I won the last Auto-X by like 15 seconds.

I'm just kidding by the way.

I have't even looked at the rules lately nor do I give a rat's ass about them anyway. Why should my driving experience revolve around some else's limitations? What a waste of my driving pleasure.

I'll run in whatever class they tell me to and like it because I am driving a setup that I want to drive.

Well ideally I'd be in an M3 like Roger mentioned...

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard