Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Basically. Keep in mind you must have the light clocked correctly so your right hand flare wont turn into a left hand flare. If its hard mounted everything must be perfect and aimed right. If you let the Hella's adjusters do their job you must find a way to seal the elements out of the lamp but still allow movement.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
hmmm, in the picture where it shows the back of the depot lights, it kind of looks like u just do a little shaving around the lamp holes and you can just pop a projector right in there. Is it that easy?

nope..there are 2 holes you need to shave, one where the headlight gets in (the one you are seeing) and also another hole where the reflecter stuff is (thats a b)

G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
hmmm, in the picture where it shows the back of the depot lights, it kind of looks like u just do a little shaving around the lamp holes and you can just pop a projector right in there. Is it that easy?

nope..there are 2 holes you need to shave, one where the headlight gets in (the one you are seeing) and also another hole where the reflecter stuff is (thats a b)

I was at home depot, I think Im just gonna get those hole drillers, they look like a wide cup and are used to drill perfect holes..yea..I don't know how thats gonna go though

plus the projectors use H9's, that means I'll also hafta get those special H9 connectors/seals. Does silverstar make H9 bulbs?? Its gonna take me a looong time after this project to afford HID's..lol

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Susquehanna sells the special H9 connectors. Sylvania does not make SilverStars. They are unneeded anyway, if you want more blue, bend the shields.

Since you cant get SilverStars, that will mean that you will just *have* to get HID.

G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
Susquehanna sells the special H9 connectors. Sylvania does not make SilverStars. They are unneeded anyway, if you want more blue, bend the shields.

Since you cant get SilverStars, that will mean that you will just *have* to get HID.

how would I "bend" the shields? plus what would be needed to connect on the special H9 connectors?

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
how would I "bend" the shields? plus what would be needed to connect on the special H9 connectors?

Take the front cover off (the black piece) its held on by, IIRC, philips screws. With that out of the way you will see the cutoff shield, push it in about 1mm. No need to loosen anything. Power up the lamp with the cover off and check your results. Push it too far and your cutoff will get fuzzy, if that happens you have gone too far.

Ive done this on my E-codes and have done the opposite on my DOT lamps. Good results both times.

As for the H9 connectors, remove your old sockets and connect the new ones on. Quite simple, as long as you bought them when you bought your lamps. A temporary fix would be some small spade connectors but I wouldnt leave it that way because corossion would eventually occur.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
btw the dist for depo. said that some were bad, and some where good but there is no way of telling which is and which isn't until installed. Since i just bought a 99 svt I am gonna just get a refund and try again later. I could use the extra $220 right now.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by auiotour:
btw the dist for depo. said that some were bad, and some where good but there is no way of telling which is and which isn't until installed. Since i just bought a 99 svt I am gonna just get a refund and try again later. I could use the extra $220 right now.

yupp..thats what he told me too, thankfully my 4th pair that I got from him fit..kinda..the passenger side fit perfectly, the driverside stuck out, but only a little. Congrads on the new SVT though, use the 220 towards projectors

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Sylvania does not make SilverStars.

Then who does?

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/HighPerformance/Silverstar/default.htm

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Kane:
Sylvania does not make SilverStars.

Then who does?

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/HighPerformance/Silverstar/default.htm

he meant H9 silverstars

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard