Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Sorry to hear about the bad fitment of the "Depot" lights. I had a problem with them as well, a gap on the d/s one but heres what I did. I went up to PepBoys and got some thin vacumn line and made my own "gasket". Ofcoarse, I had to do the other side as well, hope this helps someone out

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
I know my car is dirty, but the weather here has sucked lately.

Anyway, since I thought that the pic that I posted earlier didnt do the highs justice, here is a pic of the highbeams installed. They have quite a few different angles inside of them and reflect quite nicely in the day. You will also spot the D2S inside of them.

Chris, this gives you part of an idea on how they fit behind the pre-98 hood. Since I was supposed to get some other pics when I was doing the trans swap, I can provide more tomorrow if you want.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
sweeeeet..that looks very nice. Do u have xenons in both highs and lows?

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Right now just the highs. With it being my first attempt at adding HID, I wanted to do it in such a way that the car would still be driveable if I ran into problems, which I did. The bulb placement was wrong and I got some nasty effects with the pattern. After I correct that issue, the difference was amazing.

Now I just need a bulb/ballast set, along with some cash to buy said set, and Ill have them in the lows as well.

It will look nicer when I get my new covers built. They will flow with the car's curves better then these. And, since it will all be built with one type of plastic, the weather/temperature changes wont cause cracking between the plastics, which can be seen.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Ordered my projectors on the 11th and already got a new set of lights from the wreckers. A bit faded, but I got some Plast-x and hopefully some free time. At least the mounts are in tact !

98 Mystique GS V6 - K&N, projectors 91 Mustang LX 5.0L 00 Jetta TDI, Yay, I bought it !! 95 VW Getta TD - RIP: Nov.3,2005
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
i just emailed them to get an address to ship them back. Hopefully, i am still very disgusted at them, I recommend nobody buy their lights. I knew they were cheaper for a reason. They must have had a car that had gotten into an accident, and then fit the lights for that car using almost exact same style as the oem head lights.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by auiotour:
i just emailed them to get an address to ship them back. Hopefully, i am still very disgusted at them, I recommend nobody buy their lights. I knew they were cheaper for a reason. They must have had a car that had gotten into an accident, and then fit the lights for that car using almost exact same style as the oem head lights.

I agree with you, the guy you bought it from is just a ditributor, he's a really good guy and I think its about time we all contact DEPO themselves and alert them of this problem, actually BIG problem! (hopefully a recall). They need to get new measurments in order to gain back the contour headlight market. I have nooo idea how to contact them though.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

I agree with you, the guy you bought it from is just a ditributor, he's a really good guy and I think its about time we all contact DEPO themselves and alert them of this problem, actually BIG problem! (hopefully a recall). They need to get new measurments in order to gain back the contour headlight market. I have nooo idea how to contact them though.

I tried doing a search on yahoo and google, not bringing anything up to contact them directly.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G

I tried doing a search on yahoo and google, not bringing anything up to contact them directly.

ask oemqualityparts, I'm sure he'll tell u cause he knows this is a huuuge issue

I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
hmmm, in the picture where it shows the back of the depot lights, it kind of looks like u just do a little shaving around the lamp holes and you can just pop a projector right in there. Is it that easy?

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard