Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by auiotour:
So how much are the high and low projectors, and how much are the adjusting plates.

The highbeams were the same price when I bought mine.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Where can I buy them from. Also, I got my new head lights in from the depo $219 with shipping. Installing them tomorrow afternoon, and uninstalling the old one for the projector/hid project.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A

I decieded that I would do the following, install new head lights, remove old ones. follow the haze removal how-to's, install projectors in both high and low sockets. Possibly change the corner light... not sure how, just some ideas. Then install HIDs, sell them on ceg or ebay for about $750-850. Then do it again for my car on a new set of depo lights, and then take the ones i just got out and do the same and sell them for a bit more since they will still be in mint condition. this will be a fun project. I am gonna buy the projectors friday instead of the hids. gonna wait to see how much money i will have @ paycheck, and then possibly get the hids at the end of the month. I hope the pics above will be useful to decieded the quality of depo's lights, as I am trying to get something in the works with depo.

Edit: I noticed the depo's headlights have a soft sealer and can possibly be pried apart, using heat, or something else. I may just try it.

Last edited by auiotour; 01/13/05 06:40 AM.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
check the fitment on those new depot's. I can bet you the drivers side headlight is gonne be off from the sides.

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Get the lamps from either Susquehanna or P.U.M.A. both are listed in this thread (by me).

And, do me a favor, when you call to buy the lamps, please do not ask for highbeam projectors. They do not exist. IIRC, all Milan did to the lowbeams was remove the shield inside the lamp for the ones he built. When I tried to copy his I was very unhappy with the results. I noticed a big, nasty, overpowering blob of light when I did it to mine. I believe I still have a pic of the effect, I will look. The pattern is way to wide for high beam useage. Either you have basically another lowbeam with the blob shooting upwards, or a more filled in upper with the blob directly in front of you, which gives way too much foreground lighting, overpowering your eyes, so you cant see far anyway. I even went so far as to install them upside down, with the shield in place, but then there were two dim spots in front of the car. Granted I could light 180 degrees side to side, and up and down but it was dim on highs and I was unhappy. Now I can spread about three lanes (at about 60 feet) before the pattern becomes too dim to notice. The correct highbeams, even without HID fitted, had the OEM lamps their ass. The low for high mod had a dimmer pattern and too much coverage and no long range light to speak of. Im sure it would be the same for 98+.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
check the fitment on those new depot's. I can bet you the drivers side headlight is gonne be off from the sides.

didn't think it would be that bad. but it was. I am getting ready to upload some pictures. I will have after shots tonight when its dark.

here are some more pictures of the old ones versus the new ones. and the bad fitment.

Big different between the old and the new

Left is depot, and the right is oem. sorry couldn't see bad lighting in picture wheni took it.

the bad fitment on the drivers side. absolutly horrible. gonna try to get refund.

here is the passenger side looking up. ugly.

Much better. lol that big dent in my parents expidition made me just run out and check to see if that was there.... it wasn't luckily. I was where did that come from.

don't unplug in below freezing whether, it doesn't come out to cool, and my hands sting now.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A

I am confused, no high beams, but these are two different projectors. are aren't the same ones. only thing i can think of is they are a different size or something, cause they don't look like you just take the shield off and there yea go.

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
One is high and the other is low.

Do you think it would be hard to fit them on a pre 98 housing? I would like to make my own lights.

Chris Carr92 SHO MTX~99 Taurus SE~95 Contour SE "Be good. If you cant be good, be careful. If you cant be careful, name it after me. Anonymous"
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
I am confused, no high beams, but these are two different projectors. are aren't the same ones.

HTH. I dont know why this picture wasnt posted in this thread until now.

Originally posted by carraudio:
Do you think it would be hard to fit them on a pre 98 housing? I would like to make my own lights.

You could probably squeeze the lowbeam into the lamp. The highbeam would run into clearance problems if it was installed into the stock lamp, thats why mine are mounted to a panel and the old headlamp is just there as a filler piece (the top of the high barely hides behind the hood). You would also need to remove all of the fluting on the lens so the projector would illuminate the things it is supposed to. PM me for pics of how I did mine, or search for a thread from me (around August) in Pics and Videos, the pics are still uploaded and still load. FWIW, Hella is supposedly coming out with a 50mm unit this year that would fit into the early lamps a lot easier. I dont know anything else about it though.

G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

the bad fitment on the drivers side. absolutly horrible. gonna try to get refund.

here is the passenger side looking up. ugly.

I'm sorry

I knew this was gonna happen, return the headlights..
you still have time..return them for a refund and buy origional Ford ones..THey will be a bit more expensive..but they'll atleast fit

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard