Print Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by auiotour:

so the hella's use h9 bulbs? what do they use for the brights?

I think we were only talking about the Hella Projectors for the low beams, I'm not sure about the highs though if thats what u meant

W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
The high beam projectors use the same bulb.

98 Mystique GS V6 - K&N, projectors 91 Mustang LX 5.0L 00 Jetta TDI, Yay, I bought it !! 95 VW Getta TD - RIP: Nov.3,2005
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
FYI, Milan used H7's for my lows and H9's for my highs. He said that when using HIDs, the H7's were the better choice

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Its been, I think, about two years and I have yet to have one burn out, for safetys sake you could always pick up a spare or two from rallylights. In my case, Checker Auto and Pep Boys can special order Hella, so if worse comes to worse, I could always get another H9 with their shipping delay. Another reason for the ECEs, the much more common H7.

Weasel, keep in mind there is only about a 200 lumen difference between the H7 and the H9 (H9s favor). The extra spread, IMHO, made the DOT lamp dimmer. However it is still night and day compared to the stock lamp so dont worry.

And FWIW, deer look like sticks sticking up out of the road since their bodies are dimmer above the cutoff. Its kinda strange when you realise what your seeing.

There are no high beam projectors. Just the reflector based foglamp and highbeam, then the projector lowbeam. Contrary to what Milan had everyone believe, the true highbeam is considerably better then the modded lowbeam for the highbeam, especially if you plan on using them on the freeway at night.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
I'm ordering mine tonight..Hella 90mm projectors for lows..here we go!

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Good luck and post how they turn out!!

Are they ribbed or smooth - I know that sounds like Condom types....but Acura integras are smooth, Ribbed show off more color right?

E0 #4384 of 6535 Born Jan. 9 1998 My SVT from the ashes 147,466 miles, purchased Nov. 2002 @ 76,559 miles
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by CSVT985:
Good luck and post how they turn out!!

Are they ribbed or smooth - I know that sounds like Condom types....but Acura integras are smooth, Ribbed show off more color right?

I have no idea what you mean..lol, I bought these

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by CSVT985:

I assume you are refering to fluting on the lens itself (the black lens in the pics above). The DOT lamps have some very small ribs to blur the cutoff slightly. The cutoff isnt so sharp so you are less likely to have someone bright you when you go over a small bump in the road. The ECE lamps have a clear (unfluted) lens.

The fluting on the lens doesnt always effect color. If you push the cutoff shield towards the bulb about 1mm, your lamp will appear more blue. The colors in the center by the small step will have a lot more blue and purple in it. Since these colors can stray somewhat, you appear to be running a higher color temperature lamp. The opposite also holds true, and you will get more reds and yellows. I did this on my foggies that I built. Push in or pull out the shield too much and it will be too far past the focal point bluring your cutoff somewhat.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
So how much are the high and low projectors, and how much are the adjusting plates.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by auiotour:
So how much are the high and low projectors, and how much are the adjusting plates.

I only got the lows, those were $57, mounting bracket like $15.

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard