Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Thats how it has been in all the other cars that I have put the ECE lamps in. I guess this is the oddball though.

From what I have found, it has to have more light in the center due to the lamp having the ability to rotate 15 degrees to work for both RHD and LHD. It would need equal amounts of light for both a right hand flare or a left hand flare. If the DOT lamp has the same cutoff shield as the ECE (I have tried) it would be downright dangerous to rotate the lamp because it creates a dim spot in front of the car.

This thread has got me thinking about modding the truck...

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
So I guess in this case, I should go for the DOT's. I really like that extra width ( makes great deer detectors ) The ECE's in the Jetta have saved my bacon more than once. Best $500 I ever spent on that car ....

98 Mystique GS V6 - K&N, projectors 91 Mustang LX 5.0L 00 Jetta TDI, Yay, I bought it !! 95 VW Getta TD - RIP: Nov.3,2005
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by weasel:

I thought the DOT lights were the narrow beam and the ECE lights were wider. Well it certainly is that way when I added ECE lights to my Jetta. I went from having two little spots on the road to a full width from ditch to ditch. Now they are not projectors, but that shouldn't make a difference. Anyone thought about using the 90mm foglight module ? Looks a bit easier to install and its a bit cheaper too ...

hmmm, wouldn't the module look a little smaller then the regular low beam projector?? And since its a fog light, it wouldnt go that far??

W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
They are the same diameter as the low beam projectors. As far as distance, you can only have things reach so far before you start to blind people. They come with H7 bulbs, so they can't be that bad .... You know something ? I just noticed that they are not projectors. Still, I wonder how well they work ?

98 Mystique GS V6 - K&N, projectors 91 Mustang LX 5.0L 00 Jetta TDI, Yay, I bought it !! 95 VW Getta TD - RIP: Nov.3,2005
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Does anyone have a pic of the back of their headlamp housing with the projectors installed ?? I just got another set of headlights and the Minister of Finance said I could go ahead and order the projectors ( and the FF75 fogs )

G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Does anyone have a pic of the back of their headlamp housing with the projectors installed ?? I just got another set of headlights and the Minister of Finance said I could go ahead and order the projectors ( and the FF75 fogs )

this was a picture PM'd to me by swazo..where are you getting your projectors from?? u going with the regular 90mm low beams?

W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Well I have a connection that I was going to order them through ( Canadian source ) but their site shows that they are out of stock. I have no idea when they will be getting more. I will most likely be going through www.rallylights.com. unless someone points me to a place with much better prices, I just assume go with them. Haven't hearn any complaints! Price seems to be reasonable and yes it looks as though I will be getting the regular, DOT projectors. I just don't have the cash for the ECE's and if what ExDelayed said is true about the differences in the beam pattern, the DOT's will suit me better anyway.

W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
I just thought of something. Those H9 bulbs. That's not something I am familiar with. Are they hard to come across ?

G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
I just thought of something. Those H9 bulbs. That's not something I am familiar with. Are they hard to come across ?

umm..dont think so.. PIAA H9's

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

umm..dont think so.. PIAA H9's

so the hella's use h9 bulbs? what do they use for the brights?

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard