Print Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by CSVT985:
Sorry Steve, I didnt mean to.

Why do people call me Steve every once in awhile?

No worries - just a friendly reminder. I like to keep the forums I moderate as "clean" as possible. Posting back and forth goes OT and clutters the thread.

Your best bet to find used headlights:
- local junkyards
- Ebay
- Classifieds

HTH

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
I dont know why I called you Steve....Pete.

Isnt Steve just another way of saying Pete?

Bill - Dick
Will - Bill
Steve - Pete
Michael Jackson - Child Molestor

E0 #4384 of 6535 Born Jan. 9 1998 My SVT from the ashes 147,466 miles, purchased Nov. 2002 @ 76,559 miles
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
Please keep sales and WTB type of posts out of the forums and to PMs.

I dont think its a sale type of post, Its not only for my information, but for others who are wondering the same as me. Its the whole idea of forums isn't it?

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
Please keep sales and WTB type of posts out of the forums and to PMs.

I dont think its a sale type of post, Its not only for my information, but for others who are wondering the same as me. Its the whole idea of forums isn't it?

Please re-read the entire thread. There are 3 posts asking auiotour if he's going to sell his old headlights.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
okay so if I get the 90mm hella projector, do I need these accessories for mounting?

this is what the projector is

mounting plates??

adjuster kit??

anyone?

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
I would think you would have to have it.

Chris Carr92 SHO MTX~99 Taurus SE~95 Contour SE "Be good. If you cant be good, be careful. If you cant be careful, name it after me. Anonymous"
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Those plates are extra, but the adjustment "screws" or whatever you want to call them come with the housings. The ears that mount the adjusters, I actually cut off to fit deeper into the OEM housing. Dion mod'ed the housing to retain them and keep them adjustable.

I adjust my whole housing as my HL's were set to where I wanted them and then perminatly epoxied into place. My theory was anything that was going to knock them out of alignment would destroy the lense, ect. A good amount of adjustment still can be made, but I have never needed to.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
The housings are just ABS plastic and can easily be modded. I used the set of lowbeams that I had originally purchased for highbeams in my foggies. They now sit (or will when I finish the next step, missing $) in clear 5.75" housings.

Anyway, I didnt use the mounting plates either. Mine are mounted to an aluminum sheet that is mounted to the car. It wouldnt be hard to mount them to the lamp instead. You could aim everything up and -then- seal the space. Just an idea.

And, coming from one who has used both, get the highbeams as well. They are well worth it, and it gives you the full assortment of matching Hellas. It looks better and, at least on the pre-98s, performs much better then the OEM highs.

Like I mentioned, the ECE lowbeams give a crisper cutoff and a slightly narrower beam pattern when compared to the duller cutoff and almost 180 degree coverage of the DOT lowbeam. The coverage might sound like its a disadvantage, but the lamps are stuffed into the housing, cannot give their full coverage because the light will bounce off the internals of the OEM housing. The ECE lamps use an H7 which has a lot more bulb choices/availability then the H9 equipped DOT lamp. Granted, lumens are down slightly with the H7 but the light on the road is brighter because of the pattern. The ECE lamp will also give a razor sharp cutoff which is better if you want HID.

The bad part of the ECE lamps, they will cost you about $80 more. I didnt check with Susquehanna to see if they have the ECE lamps.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
You know what, I haven't posted a pic of my car in some time so...

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Quote:

Like I mentioned, the ECE lowbeams give a crisper cutoff and a slightly narrower beam pattern when compared to the duller cutoff and almost 180 degree coverage of the DOT lowbeam.

I thought the DOT lights were the narrow beam and the ECE lights were wider. Well it certainly is that way when I added ECE lights to my Jetta. I went from having two little spots on the road to a full width from ditch to ditch. Now they are not projectors, but that shouldn't make a difference. Anyone thought about using the 90mm foglight module ? Looks a bit easier to install and its a bit cheaper too ...

98 Mystique GS V6 - K&N, projectors 91 Mustang LX 5.0L 00 Jetta TDI, Yay, I bought it !! 95 VW Getta TD - RIP: Nov.3,2005
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard