Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I am not a fan of either team, and I think the process sucks.

While it is not practical to have 64 teams like basketball, 16 would be practical (and if you think 16 teams are going to go undefeated and be significantly the same... I want your medication)

Or... alternatively... when a tie like this occurs... play an extra game. The money involved would be immense and that way you really do get to see who is truly better.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
I wouldn't want any more tha 4 teams in a playoff. It's the only chance in the short term of getting a playoff. I couldn't stand to see the Bowl traditions tarnished any more than have 75 bowl games has already ruined them.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by dnewma04:
Originally posted by SVTNupe:
Yeah, Auburn will just be the first team in history to finish undefeated and not a national champion.

A national champion should be determined on the field and not by some formula that spits out what it thinks are the two best teams in the country.

1994 Penn State Nittany Lions?

And Utah this year? Marshall in 1999? And, oh, never mind...

former owner, 95 SE MTX 02 Ford Explorer
D
D
Originally posted by DrGonzo:
Originally posted by dnewma04:
Yeah, Auburn will just be the first team in history to finish undefeated and not a national champion.

A national champion should be determined on the field and not by some formula that spits out what it thinks are the two best teams in the country.

1994 Penn State Nittany Lions?

And Utah this year? Marshall in 1999? And, oh, never mind...

I do think that PSU was a legitimate contender, whereas those other teams really weren't.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
Originally posted by Freakshow:
Ummm there's nothing yet to indicate they will share the national championship with USC. In fact, unless USC suddenly feels bad for OK and let's them win there's pretty much no chance of Auburn sharing the title with them. Great season for Auburn but sorry, USC isn't sharing this year.

So what makes USC so much better?

You watching the game right now???? They're dismantling OU with the greatest of ease right now.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D

...or perhaps Utah this year. (3 undefeated teams)

Can we all say OVER-RATED for Okla-Go-homa.

We did not get the game we wanted last year. {USC vs LSU}

...nor did we this year. {USC vs Auburn}

I can't stand all the people voting for OK just because they "are" Oklahoma.

I hope USC runs up the score. I also hope they don't let down and let OK back in the game. OK is no slouch.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
My favorite last night was John Saunders , "I think USC against Oklahoma is the game people wanted to see." Excuse me but, wanted to see? So because people want to see a certain matchup should make it so? I didn't know sports worked like that? If that's the case let's kick the Patriots out of the playoffs because they've won it and people want to see someone else win now.

Until there is a +1 or other playoff college football will continue to be a beauty pageant; and this season, any "Champion" crowned as such will be forever tainted with an asterisk noting "that other team."

If USC continues to destroy OU the way they have been so far I highly doutb anyone other than pissed off Auburn fans are going to deny that USC deserves to be the Champs. I know how you feel because I felt sorta like USC got screwed last year but the bottom line is the BCS is the system they use and all the whining in the world won't change that right now. Auburn had a great season and I think they would have made for a good game against USC but it didn't work out that way...get over it.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
40 yard toss run by USC over the OKgohomers...

folowed by a 40 yard TD pass...

Keep it going boys...

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
They're beating OU silly...how pathetic! ahahahaha GO TROJANS!!

D
D
Crazy. Makes me feel not so bad about UofMs loss to USC last year.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard