Originally posted by 98_HO_Contour:
Would anybody be interested in being the ginny pig for making a prototype SET ? I might be able to piece two together but there is a small possibility that it might have a very small line right down the middle verticly where two pieces meet. It shouldn't be that large of problem because 90% of it will be covered by the dial. I need someone to do this because I have reverse indiglo gauges right now so I'm probably not going to be using these unless they turn out better than expected.

PM me if you are interested

PM me when you get a chance. I'd be interested in doing something. I would think that if you did the two pieces in half, most of the vertical line would be hidden by the center control knob. There would only be about 1/2" showing at the top. Question: will the two pieces be spliced together electrically or will there be two seperate electrical connections? Since I've never removed the HVAC panel, I have no idea what's behind it. I'm assuming we just have to tap onto existing wiring like I did with my reverse indiglo gauges. How close will they match?

PS. Have a safe and kick a$$ New Years. I'll be awaiting your PM.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics