Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
This is the area to provide suggestions for How-tos and ways to improve the Aesthetics (appearance modifications) forum.

If you would like to do a How-to, please post here w/ what How-to you will be doing.

Try to include what tools are needed/used, what should be purchased (parts, liquids, etc.), time needed, level of difficulty, etc.

PM when How-tos are ready - I'll give an email address.

Please note that this is not the area to discuss Mods - please, start your own thread!

If a reply is made that is not a suggestion (or an agreement of suggestion) it will be deleted.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
My apologies for posting this in the wrong suggestion Box...please remove it from the main FAQ suggestion box

Pin Striping removal (I know its easy but I dont want to risk screwing up the car)

Tail light tinting (ESPECIALLY for Black Contour/Mystiques)

Thanks

E0 #4384 of 6535 Born Jan. 9 1998 My SVT from the ashes 147,466 miles, purchased Nov. 2002 @ 76,559 miles
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by CSVT985:
My apologies for posting this in the wrong suggestion Box...please remove it from the main FAG suggestion box

No worries. I neglected to put that in there.

Pin Striping removal (I know its easy but I dont want to risk screwing up the car)

Not enough demand to need a How-to. Start a new thread in Aesthetics requesting help.

Tail light tinting (ESPECIALLY for Black Contour/Mystiques)

All you have to do is follow the directions on the back of the can of spray tint.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Thats my problem, I dont really know where to find Tail light tint. I will post both of these concerns on the forum

I have a test tailight I am going to do this on so if you want a How-To eventually (assuming your bandwidth will handle the 10 CEGers who will read it) I can do it.

As for the pinstriping I guess it cant be that hard....

E0 #4384 of 6535 Born Jan. 9 1998 My SVT from the ashes 147,466 miles, purchased Nov. 2002 @ 76,559 miles
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
SVT emblem in the Ford ovals mod:

-(2) SVT emblems from the mid 90's Cobra/Lightnings. Call Bill Jenkins and expect to pay about $35.00 for the pair of emblems

- some blackout tape (found at PepBoys) or wide electrical tape or even vinyl. Price will vary here, but its CEG cheap

- grown thumbnail to trim out the excess blackout tape, trust me it works, I did it

This mods gives your car that "factory look" and makes many people wonder "what kind of car is that?" When combined with the pre-98 sail panels, theres no name or make of the car, the ultimate de-badging

For the front, its easier to just remove the emblem. Once you do that, clean the area with some rubbing alcohol (spelling ) Then, apply the blackout tape over the entire emblem. Next, follow the "contour" of the oval with your thumnail and pull off the extra material. Now you've got a black oval ready for the SVT emblem. Just remove the backing from the emblem and apply to black oval...BAM!, your done.

Now the rear oval is a bit tricky because of the "contour" of the oval, but it still works. Follow the above steps, but when it comes to applying the emblem, just bend it a bit before you apply it. Maybe a hair dryer will help soften it up. Even if you don't do this, the emblem becomes flat enough and looks good.

Heres a pic of what it looks like in the front

As far as the pic of the rear, well, I don't have a real good pic, so you'll just have to trust me when I say it looks good (I have good taste ) And NO, I can't take a pic of it now as I've had the Mystique center reflector/tailights for 3 years

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard