Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1136805 01/19/05 03:11 PM
Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
hey dont worry i had exacly the same problem and it bugged the hell out of me bc my car would just die on stoplights.anyways its definatly your MAF sensor and nad new they are very expensive. good news you can save money but doing it your self. its easy and does not take long

you will need 2 cue tips

saw(it will come handy)

flat head screwdriver

Begin by taking the filter off, then disconnect your MAF pipe where sensor located. The hardest part is to get the sensor off the pipe because you will need a special scredriver to open it and ive looked everywhere for it untill i came with this idea. I sawed the screws head inhal so i could use flat head instead. When you done carefully lift the black box out and you will see 2 little sensirs there. Use cue tips to clean them careflly making sure you dont bend them blow some canned air if you want. just make sure sensirs have no dirt on them after you dont assemble back and connect the sensor.Restar your cars computer by disconnection car battey. Reconnect and the light will go off.
My light still hasent came on and the show said that they will fix it for me for estemate of 175 bucks.

hope this will help your problem,

1996 GL 2.0 16V Zetec DOHC AIM s/n- DJWhiterussian
#1136806 01/19/05 06:02 PM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by drfrankenstein:
first off i want to say im new here.. now i have a 99 Mystique V6 automatic. my CEL is on and i am gettin a bank 1 and bank 2 lean code... and now since the cold has hit DC so hard when i start my car it wont hold an idle unless i idle it myself until it warms up completely and its has really harsh vibrations... and i dont have any busted mounts, and jus got a tune up using Motorcraft Platinums.... any suggestions??

Same exact thing happened to my '99 Mystique recently. In extremely cold weather, it wouldn't idle unless I kept my foot on the gas, and even warm, sometimes the idle was unstable. Took the car to the dealer last Friday, they got the lean codes for both banks. Had to replace the intake manifold gaskets. Sum total of $425. Runs great again.

-Mark- '99 Mystique LS, totally original (including the original water pump and the premium stereo)! Bought new in December 1998 for $21,000. 208,000 miles
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard