Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Problem is any mtx duratec in my area are beat to sh%t or not aesthetically kept up on, and I want either an mtx is my current ride or, an mtx in my current ride

I have the best I could have for now. It's either have everything I want except the mtx, or the mtx with essentially, nothing else (I'd be lucky to see a good Duratec under the hood in my area) Realistically a tranny swap is financially out of the question, as I'm 19 and making crazy asz insurance payments on a part time job. Thank God the tour is only 107 a month!

Only because of the above conditions do I stay happy with my Contour; I really have it good for what it's worth, though I itch for an mtx.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Pre98:
Problem is any mtx duratec in my area are beat to sh%t or not aesthetically kept up on, and I want either an mtx is my current ride or, an mtx in my current ride

I have the best I could have for now. It's either have everything I want except the mtx, or the mtx with essentially, nothing else (I'd be lucky to see a good Duratec under the hood in my area) Realistically a tranny swap is financially out of the question, as I'm 19 and making crazy asz insurance payments on a part time job. Thank God the tour is only 107 a month!

Only because of the above conditions do I stay happy with my Contour; I really have it good for what it's worth, though I itch for an mtx.

if you want it bad enough you can do it

i made my atx duratec a 3L mtx

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er

Yea, I hear that. When my ATX goes I plan to do an MTX swap...

My car stock, very well maintained nonetheless, ran a 16.8 in so-so weather(65 degrees 90% humidity, according to the slip). Thats with overdrive on, wish I would've known od off was a "sport mode".

Oh well, the track will be open again next year...

1999 Mystique LS V6 Alpine CDA-9807, Rear deck sub, Opt. TB, K&N RU-3530/MAF adaptor, custom heatshield, FSVT 17's, SCT 4-program chip, Eibach's/ST200's, Hella Fogs...
M
MLuko Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
yeah.. i'm gonna spend some time at a local ford performace shop and see what they can do for our contours.. maybe with a little ecu re-working i can run a mid 16

oh yeah.. btw my insurance is 150 Mo.. for both contours plus whatever tickets, maitnance, gas.. whatever it needs..

Mark 1998 T-Red SVT -Needs more Go 1999 Light Prairie Tan, Se Zetec www.cardomain.com/id/tour4reak
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
This spring or summer I'm going to the track anyways so I'll get some times. I wish I could tune with an ecu reflash ontop of a dyno run. They are practically dream mods for an everyday guy like me.

On a side note Russell, I wish I coud achieve an accomplishment like that! Someday, trust me, someday!

Last edited by Pre98; 12/22/04 07:33 PM.
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
as I'm 19 and making crazy asz insurance payments on a part time job. Thank God the tour is only 107 a month!

Oh man...I was 18 when I bought my CSVT for $7000 (77k miles)..on my own. Payments were $107.00 a month and I paid the loan off 8 months early...How much did you pay for yours?

E0 #4384 of 6535 Born Jan. 9 1998 My SVT from the ashes 147,466 miles, purchased Nov. 2002 @ 76,559 miles
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Have you ever ran the car in its current form?? If you do take it w/o a chip, be sure to turn off o/d as it apparently goes into a "sport mode" I didn't do that when I went before, but I will next time.

1999 Mystique LS V6 Alpine CDA-9807, Rear deck sub, Opt. TB, K&N RU-3530/MAF adaptor, custom heatshield, FSVT 17's, SCT 4-program chip, Eibach's/ST200's, Hella Fogs...
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by 99Mystique ATX:
Have you ever ran the car in its current form?? If you do take it w/o a chip, be sure to turn off o/d as it apparently goes into a "sport mode" I didn't do that when I went before, but I will next time.

Theoretical at this time. I've seen one post that says it makes no difference. I clicked mine off & on... I didn't really feel any difference or observe a higher shift point in 'normal' driving, but at the track - WHO KNOWS??

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Supposedly it shifts quicker and harder. I've played around with it a little on the street, haven't let if shift at WOT yet, partially because of the snow though. The shifts do seem to be quicker and more firm. If you think about what O/D off is intended to be used for, which would be towing, it makes sense because if it shifted and the clutches started to slip, adios amigos... Whereas if it shifts harder, being harder on the gears, there is less (if any) clutch slippage.

Sound right??

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
15.3x w/ OD on
15.02 w/ OD off

car is faster with OD off. period.

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard