Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
    that reminds me check your whole intake system for debri. including up in the fender well i have found leaves lodged in the intake tube in the fenderwell. heavy restriction probably not a problem but it might be worth it to check. also check inside the filter box for debri i have found leaves in there to.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by kscontourkid:
    that reminds me check your whole intake system for debri. including up in the fender well i have found leaves lodged in the intake tube in the fenderwell. heavy restriction probably not a problem but it might be worth it to check. also check inside the filter box for debri i have found leaves in there to.

Y'know, that's not a bad idea. My filter and airbox (stock) are clean, and the car was cleaned not so long ago. I check the box regularly, but not the rest of the intake. It might be possible that the intake is blocked in the middle.

Gotta love these ideas. We're gonna end up as a one stop thread for power and mileage issues at this rate!

Y'know, after the dust settles, maybe someone should put all the info into a single sticky, especially causes v fixes. Of course it will end up being: cause: its a Contour. Fix: Live with it, or replace everything!!!

Cheers,
Tim

K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Quote:

Y'know, after the dust settles, maybe someone should put all the info into a single sticky, especially causes v fixes. Of course it will end up being: cause: its a Contour. Fix: Live with it, or replace everything!!!

No kidding someone needs to create a list of all the major problems, replacements and fixes for those who are joining the contour clan for the first time. it would have helped me a lot.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Thanks for all the suggestions, just to add to the airbox theory.
I've been though all the airbox mods! From the stock setup, then the moded box,
then removed the air box fender resonator, now an open air cone filter setup.
My mileage hasn't changed with air filter housing changes.

My next move will be the injectors and the o-rings.
That's the only thing left that I can think of, because if you see all my threads,
you will know most everything is new.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
Originally posted by chongo:

My next move will be the injectors and the o-rings.

I need to do this too because of the rich running condition of the Tour. I smell mod meet.

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I barely squeeze 300 km out of my tank with only city driving...and that is after a very cleaned up engine and LIM/UIM and system check after some non-related cel's....

oh well, I avoid driving at nights and weekends, at least when gas prices were higher.

dan

2000 Black SVT #2639/2760; w/18 OZ Superleggera's, Pirelli Pzero Nero. MSDS Headers,Quaife LSD, CF DF, Borla,,chipped,DMD,Baer Track rotors. Lowered/HR and Koni's; HPP & OMP 3L Valves w/ P&P Heads (thanks Kinger!)
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Mixed city and highway driving yields 550kms out of my tank.

1998 Ford Contour GL Sport 2.5 V6 MTX in Black @ 322ks BMW 335i = Lexus IS350 in your rearview mirror
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I drive about 85% city and 15% highway and I am getting around 300 miles to a full tank. This is with pretty hard driving now and then.

Justin 1999 Ford SVT Contour (T-Red) Cardomain site
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
This might help,

I had similar mileage then you (around 250-300Kms per tank). I did the full tune up (with Autolite plugs), cleaned the intake manifold (completly took it off and cleaned it with carb cleaner and a toothbrush). This got me around 350-380 kms per tank.

The one thing that really made a huge jump was to have my injectors cleaned using the Snap On Motorvac. From what I've read when I had a Volvo, this is the best system to clean the fuel system. (You can take a look at www.brickboard.com in the Volvo 700/900 FAQ for complete information or I can copy paste it here). By doing this, I now do about 450-480 Kms per tank

I need to change my IAC and the bank 1 O2 sensor since I'm also getting the intermitent CELs.

I hope it helps.

Eric

PT Cruiser Limited 2002 MTX of course! Mystique 1998 V6 MTX Sold.
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
as you all might know from my newest post, the car is at the dealer gettin its waterpump changed

i'm havin them really look into the fuel consumption issue. they are goin to charge me $80 CAD to run some mobile computer test, where they drive the car 1 km and run some test, then they will get the fuel consuption from that.. i hope its worth it!

98 cabernet red Mystique ATX LS sport Duratec hit up my Car Profile for details
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard