Well I have now had a chance to read through the thread. My mileage has always been pretty good in both my Contiques. The Mystique has had one tank in the last year do 730kms. The Contour regulary gets 500kms per tank and that it definatley with spirited driving. However I noticed there was a substantial decline in the mileage of the Mystique lately. Now last night I think I found the culprit. I have a CTA intake on the car. There was a gap right at the TB and the flex hose. It had happened sometime ago it would seem as there was some dust on the silicon hose that should have had the pipe in it. Anyway since fixing this up last night there is a noticeable amount more pep. It was the good ole frog boiling in water thing. Didn't know how much gusto was gone till I had it back again. I suspect that my mileage will be on the increase again and the moral of the story is to check for air and vaccum leaks as they can reak havoc with mileage too.

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)