Originally posted by kscontourkid:
    I hate to kill the party guys but i don't know how you could possibly get that bad of mileage. I have a sort of fix for your low end problem though. I have a 99 spt v6 5speed and yes there was quite a bit of low end weakness when i bought it...stock. I did two things the first is up to you its free but youll here the engine a lot. remove the silencer in the intake. that will help just a little. second this is the must do car sounds better but also has a lot more low end. I split the rear exhaust at the rear axle into a ypipe (dual exhaust) and put a flowmaster 40series muffler on each side. The minute i rolled out of the shop i noticed there was almost literally no need to apply throttle to get the car moving just slowly (not snail slow) let out the clutch and it would go (never stalled). that cost me $360.00 period.(labor the whole shibang) That sorted the low end problem out and I have noticed a small increase in gas mileage(what i used to get without the AC on i now can easily get with it on full blast!) anyway hope that helps but i still cant figure how you are getting such low mileage i get at least 200 "miles" per tank. and i fill up at quarter tank(10-11 or so gallons from the 14 gal tank) and when i say the least im talking about when i drive lead footed (also parking lot racing yes organized and fully legal) with AC on! (long story short AC comp. pump clutch crapped out on me AC on full all the time was the only temp fix i could find) anyway I thought that was bad gas mileage. If i baby the thing i can get in excess of 250 miles per tank in city driving. well hope you find a solution and if you do please someone tell me what in the world it was you guys got me fooled. hope the exhaust thing helps feedback would be great. cheers

Doing a dual cat-back set up isn't going to help them here. It's a nice mod, and shows peformance improvement and gas mileage. However, these cars are having some severe issues, most likely in the engine area. Now I don't think I read it, but have any of you guys tried cleaning the maf w/ electric cleaner? This is rather easy, and may be worth a shot.

99 Black Contour SE Sport