I have a sort of funny story to start this one out: This kid from school and I were walkin around talkin about all these cars and I spotted and t-red SVT Contour in the lot. I was like "check this car out with me" (I hadn't owned one at the time), and he was like "what is that a freakin contour? you just made it sound like u saw some exotic car".
A lot of people I have encountered after I switched from driving a 99 V6 Mustang to 98 SVT Contour were like "You went from a Mustang to that?" The funny thing is when they get in it check out the interior, hear it scream, feel it hug the road and all the turns nicely, and watch it take out a lot of cars on the road; that's when they have a smile on their face. Then they get out and stare at it from all angles and say it's a mean little car. I mean I do understand that a ride in a Mustang and a ride in a Contour (or any car for that matter) would be completely different, but they really become very impressed.
Now on the other side you have the people that hate either Ford or all domestic car manufacturers, and they dog on the idea that supposedly "SVT just stands for some extra extra adrenaline in a POS". I don't buy that at all, I was really impressed with the SVT Contours when they first came out, and wanted one the whole time we were paying off the Mustang. Now I can proudly say (after finally finding a used one) I own one and am very very pleased with it. Besides it really comes in handy when driving in the rain and soon the snow.

98.5 T-red SVTour 05 Blue Yamaha R6 for sale PM me