Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
Originally posted by CrazyCarl:
yeah, when i bought 98 SVT E0, my one buddy who has a 95 stang gt laughed at me....so ilet him take it out and he fellin love with it, it even won him 10 bucks in a race. He raced a modded Mustang SVO and smoked it.

while i tend to believe your friend fell in love after driving your car,especially since he owns a stang,and isn't used to a world calss handling car,but i do have a hard time believing he beat a modded mustang svo in it though...especially since a STOCK svo has a 200 hp turbo 4 cylinder...that is good enough to run 0-60 in 6.8 secs,and 15.1 @91mph in the 1/4,and if its modded then it would be even faster than that...

And we all know that "modded" means the same thing for every car

You have to take these words into context. For one, "modded" could mean a K&N filter. And we're also talking about an SVO Mustang, which were made way back when, in 1984-86.5 or so? So he beat a car that's damn near 20 years old and in who knows what kind of condition. Then there's the driver behind the wheel. Was he 16 with no race experience? Did he spin the tires? Was the race from 0-60 or a 1/4 mile? Was it even a drag race and not just a kickdown? Not to defend the Contour for the fact that I have one, but I've beat a LOT more cars than I should, due to the fact that I know how to get every bit of performance out of what I have to work with, where as 90% of the time, the other guy just has no clue.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq