Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Blk560:
Originally posted by RT and his SE:
Six letters that don't go together, SUV and PMS!

That might be funny if the fact that it was an SUV actually had anything to do with the incident.

It did! She was driving one!
Lighten up Captain Happy!

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by RT and his SE:
It did! She was driving one!
Lighten up Captain Happy!

I'm sorry, I must be really thick...did I miss the cause for celebration here?

B. Riley Melbourne, FL '01 Camry LE V6/5-spd Was: '00 Black/Tan SVT Contour #560 - Sold 3/26/03 Before that: '95 Champ/Blue Contour GL V6 ATX
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
There is no cause for celebration. The SUV comment is as simple as this: F=MA. In physics they teach you that force equals mass times acceleration. A 5000 lb Tahoe accelerating at 1 foot per second will hit a kid with 5000 foot pounds of force. A smaller vehicle, say a corolla that weighs 2500 lb accelerating at the same 1 foot per second will only hit the kid with 2500 foot pounds of force.

BTW: I say let the [censored] fry, PMS or not. If a kid hits your car, especially if it's an accident, you don't have the right to do anything more than demand that their parents' insurance pays to fix your car. You certainly don't have the right to plow them with a Tahoe.

I hope for the family that that kid who was severly injured makes it. I also hope a jury will convict her of murder if the kid dies. People like this don't deserve to be members of our society, they need to be locked away.

Oh, yeah, I just noticed something. She was so pissed that a golf ball put a dent on her car, that she had to commit a felony. What did comitting that felony do to the car? It messed up the front end pretty bad.

The article quoted somebody as saying that she was such a churchgoing person. I'm so sick of people being like, "Well, they go to church, and so they're good people". That type of thought process stupid at best, and dangerous at worst. I don't know when people will learn that any group, be it church, a country club or whatever has a$$holes like this woman.

V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by red99sesport:
a golf ball put a dent on her car,

According to the authorities, there was no damage.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
There is no cause for celebration. The SUV comment is as simple as this: F=MA. In physics they teach you that force equals mass times acceleration. A 5000 lb Tahoe accelerating at 1 foot per second will hit a kid with 5000 foot pounds of force. A smaller vehicle, say a corolla that weighs 2500 lb accelerating at the same 1 foot per second will only hit the kid with 2500 foot pounds of force.

Oh, don't go there, because then I/someone would need to actually try to understand and interpret what you mean by 'accelerating at 1 foot per second' and 'foot pounds of force'. The plain and simple fact remains that regardless of the different amounts of kinetic energy (up to ~3x) at a given speed between a large SUV (which this was not) and a small car, extreme injury will occur to a pedestrian if struck -- a 150lb body's change in momentum when struck by either is huge compared to the vehicle's. A hit by an SUV may just mean you spend 15 days in a coma rather than 13, and learn to walk again after 7 months instead of 6.

What is of issue here is not that it was an SUV, nor is the fact she was driving an SUV a subject of amusement or a cause for implication of the type of vehicle. The real issue is a cancerous old hag would have done the same damage were she piloting a rattly old Civic.

B. Riley Melbourne, FL '01 Camry LE V6/5-spd Was: '00 Black/Tan SVT Contour #560 - Sold 3/26/03 Before that: '95 Champ/Blue Contour GL V6 ATX
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
You certainly don't have the right to plow them with a Tahoe

S-10 Blazer

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Blk560:
The real issue is a cancerous old hag would have done the same damage were she piloting a rattly old Civic.

She would've never made it over the multiple curbs & grassy areas in a civic...so back to the SUV

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by SVZETEC:
She would've never made it over the multiple curbs & grassy areas in a civic...so back to the SUV

Oh yeah, I didn't think about that. Silly me -- I guess I have to retract my statements. The SUV is partially to blame, after all.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
So say I'm wathcing this happen, however I have my CCW and I decide to plug as many rounds into her as I can...what happens to me?
Hero or going to jail?

I'm so angered and disgusted by this

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
You're going to prison, but if it stops her, you'd still be their hero.

And, the SUV is not to blame. The "SUV Mentality" of "I can do anything I want with my car, I'm bigger" IS a factor.

The woman is 100% at fault, and should be made an example of.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard