Originally posted by WestCoastAjax:
Yup ol' timer that thars the road.
And I waved at you, it was in June , a Saterday in 1974.....how come you didn't wave back..........

Ahhh, must have been waving to someone else. In 74 I was headed out across this big country on my trusty steed a 73 Norton 850 Commando. . That is until it threw a connecting rod, and punched a hole in the crankcase. Funny, I now own a 1999 SVT Contour with a hole in the oil pan, made by an errant con rod.

I believe it was 1977 that I would have done the Duffy Lake Road trip. Can't remember meeting a single sole. It was a beautiful, but slow, drive.

I'm trying to get out to BC in the next couple of years to see friends in Vancouver, Vancouver Island, and Prince George. That road would be a great way to go from Vancouver Island/Horseshoe Bay to Prince Greorge via Whisler. Thanks for the tip on the road. I'd forgotten all about it and wouldn't have even thought of it being paved.

Regards, Alan

03 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 98 Mystique 2.5 MTX 99 SVT - Inheriting Lil Monster's parts 98 SVT - Lil Monster (RIP) 183.7 whp Quaife/Fidanza/UR UD Clutch AFE/MSDS/SHO-Y/Bassani/MagnaCore GC/Koni/22mmR/EndLinks/ES/ KVR Slotted/1144's/SS Lines/MASItaly