Originally posted by WestCoastAjax:
Are you going to tell me that the RCMP wouldn't believe you if you told you were only going a 100.........

I'd need to be stopped by one with a good sense of humor. Some of them are fine, but others - you'd swear they were born miserable. I actually sub'd for a Mountie on the RCMP team in the Whisler Snow, Earth, Water Race years ago when I lived in Vancouver and was staying in Whisler for awhile .

I got nailed last August in my 98 SVT, just after midnight I floored it going unto a very deserted highway just to listen to it (MSDS headers, SHO-Y, Export pipe, Bassani, MagnaFlow reasonator, etc.). I let off at about 220/kph (the little beast saw 240/kph and climbing before I backed out of it last July) and was letting it coast down to 100/kph.

Unfortuantely, there was a cop well ahead of me and when he heard me coming he turned around and zapped me as I coasted toward him. Fortunately, the guy was more interested in the car as he walked around it and asked questions, etc., and he gave me a ticket for 145/kph in a 100 zone. He said that was the number it finally locked in on but that it had started significantly higher and didn't lockin until my rate of deceleration reduced. He might have been able to nail me worse.

I did get stopped about 5 ago in the Florida Panhandle by a State Trooper and when I showed him that the 93 Volvo 940 Turbo I was driving had the speedo in KPH and absolutely no reference to MPH anywhere, he let me off with a warning. Sometimes you get lucky .

To make a long story longer, yes I need all the restraint I can find.

Regards, Alan

PS - Is the Squamish to Whisler road still a blast to drive or has it been emaciated? I've got fond memories of blasting through there on my GS750 and a great run I had with my race-prep'd Fiat 124 Spider vs a Mini Cooper S (back in the day )

03 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 98 Mystique 2.5 MTX 99 SVT - Inheriting Lil Monster's parts 98 SVT - Lil Monster (RIP) 183.7 whp Quaife/Fidanza/UR UD Clutch AFE/MSDS/SHO-Y/Bassani/MagnaCore GC/Koni/22mmR/EndLinks/ES/ KVR Slotted/1144's/SS Lines/MASItaly