Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
Contours are bad in snow. We had about 6 inches since noon today. I had to go to the store, every left turn you lost it. I almost hit the curb and several cars several times, every time you took off it would like slip, but once you get to like 20 then it is fine WTF is with that, Contours arent good at all for snow.

chances are it is your tires, get some snow tires and you will be able to take on just about anything, my car is great in the snow, both abs and tc are predictable and the car is very balanced

get some driving in on a uncleared parking lot where you can learn the dynamics of your car and how it reacts in the snow. cause the rear end to come around and see what it feels like and learn the car, then let us know how the car is in the snow, I think you will be suprised when you know what the car can do

edit: two more things, I wouldn't have gone out in the storm, not sure that you did but it sounds like it, that is not a good idea unless you really have too

second anything will spin the wheels in the snow from a stop. often when you stop you get snow packed under the wheels, if you get to agressive taking off you just spin in the snow and dig through to the pavement

Last edited by brapple; 11/25/04 03:15 AM.

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family