Originally posted by Russell-3L:
If you're doing that much work, might as well do a 3L swap also

I actually thought about doing a 3.0 litre engine swap over 5-years ago, but I have slowly talked myself out of it since then. Part of the reason is that the SVT Contour has enough trouble hooking-up the front wheels with the torque made by a mildly modified 2.5 litre engine. And from all that I have read the biggest advantage of the 3.0 litre engine is the additional torque so I�m sure that all of the new found torque would just cost me more in tires! But the biggest reason is that I would want to build a 3.0/SVT hybrid and they are more complicated to build than simply modifying a 2.5 litre. If I lived near a CEG member (or two) that had done a hybrid (and he was willing to help me) I might try it, but everyone with some experience and know-how live far, far away from here (in the middle of nowhere).

Last edited by NVSVT; 11/27/04 05:03 AM.

The Original Owner of 1998 SVT Contour #3384 of 6535, Toreador Red/Midnight Blue, Assembled September 3rd, 1997 Also the Original Owner of a 1998.5 Contour SE Sport V6 5-speed, Vibrant White/Greystone Sport Cloth, Assembled August 6th, 1998