Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Congrates man

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Thats gotta feel good to beat the city. Way to stick it to da' MAN

P
P
congrats on the case dismissal. Dealing with the courts is NO FUN, especially if you ARE innocent, so I'm glad yours turned out well

'96 Contour SE 86,*** miles...well loved New tires, new fuel pump, new shift cable and shifter , broken cup holder...a typical Contour Check Engine light is OFF
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
I was out there at the beginning like right when some people were rolling up. I had my brand new bike out there and wanted to test it out. But there was that weird feeling like it wasnt going to be a good night. Police scanner said it all, when 10-1 comes across the scanner, something was going down.. So I told people and booted. What happened sucked. I got pulled over and questioned about what was down there. No narking here.

I just didn't think it was that big when i left. There were only a few cars down there when I left. What happened happened, but one thing is for sure, street racing won't stop. All the hot shots will lay low for the winter and break out new locations next spring. The cops bust it, everyone moves.

'00 Focus ZTS, 5spd: BONE STOCK!!!!! Buy American or apply for Japanese welfare. www.geocities.com/fordcontour05/contour.html
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Maybe its my personal opinion, but I bet more trouble and accidents were created as a result of people running from the cops than any ordinary night of street racing.
Why dont the police just offer to SUPERVISE one night a week and shut down some stretch of highway outside of town and let kids race? It would be a great way to make good with the street racing gangs. I just dont get it, like you said, this isnt going to go away. The authorities might as well embrace it for what it is and offer a safe way to control it? If something goes bad, the cops are already around to take care of it. Seems real easy to me.
Just my two cents...

Oh yea congrats on graduating Doug

X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
YEahI have to agree with you on that. It always seems that more people get hurt or in trouble when the cops chase them rather than regulate them.

Thanks btw

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by captainandy15:
Maybe its my personal opinion, but I bet more trouble and accidents were created as a result of people running from the cops than any ordinary night of street racing.
Why dont the police just offer to SUPERVISE one night a week and shut down some stretch of highway outside of town and let kids race? It would be a great way to make good with the street racing gangs. I just dont get it, like you said, this isnt going to go away. The authorities might as well embrace it for what it is and offer a safe way to control it? If something goes bad, the cops are already around to take care of it. Seems real easy to me.
Just my two cents...

Oh yea congrats on graduating Doug

95 LX-with a mind of its own 24v DOHC SVT exhaust and K&N=all thats worth modding Go Fighting Sioux!!!
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
I know there was some police agency that did supervise the racing scene and also, they let the kids race the squads if they wanted. However, it didn't last that long becuase of the liability. If there were accidents, fights, etc., like there were, then the police agency or city is liable for anything that happens.

There is are many liability issues and different insurance needed for a race strip or even closing a highway. It's too risky. Even though most people are safe, there is always that one dumb sh*t that ruins for everyone else. Look at Red Rock Racing Strip when that was full blown. There were no incidents for like 5 years then within one summer 2 people die from stupidity of spectators. Death is a major liabilty police agencies don't want to bring on themselves.

'00 Focus ZTS, 5spd: BONE STOCK!!!!! Buy American or apply for Japanese welfare. www.geocities.com/fordcontour05/contour.html
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
I havent been to Red Rock Road since Highschool. I didnt know anyone died there. That sucks, it was a perfect place to race.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by XKontour98:
I havent been to Red Rock Road since Highschool. I didnt know anyone died there. That sucks, it was a perfect place to race.

Yeah the thing that sucks is that they put barriers up so two cars can't fit through them. But oh well, it was a strip for like a few decades I know that. We might have to start racing back on bridges or something! ha

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard