Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by alex_96GL:
links?
both on the ground (more or less level) or both off the ground. probably easier w/ front end up on jack stands and wheels off.

o ok and I can take the wheel off if the front end is jacked up..right?

A
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
links?
both on the ground (more or less level) or both off the ground. probably easier w/ front end up on jack stands and wheels off.

o ok and I can take the wheel off if the front end is jacked up..right?

G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
for front links: nothing special. 15mm socket, 17mm open wrench, lots of wd40... may be something else I'm forgetting. remember that both wheels should be off the ground so as not to load the sway bar.

Its not working, The 15mm socket fits fine but the thing does not want to turn. We tried everything, nothing is working. We WD40'd the crap outa it and still the thing does not want to turn. Its as if its welded on We have used soo much torque that its not eating up the edges. This was at night in the garage so we called it the day. Any ideas or suggestions as to what I should try??

A
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A
I dunno... use the Force maybe

but seriously you left it sitting overnight, so hopefully wd-40 will work its way in. it should work though. remember that all suspension nuts are using loctite, so they are bound to be stubborn. just use proper tools and you should be ok...

unlike some people

G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
I dunno... use the Force maybe

but seriously you left it sitting overnight, so hopefully wd-40 will work its way in. it should work though. remember that all suspension nuts are using loctite, so they are bound to be stubborn. just use proper tools and you should be ok...

unlike some people

yea dude we put aaaaalot of force like we almost got the car of the jacks!! thats what worried me, I didn't want to eat up the nut you know, it was doing exactly that. The thing would not move..maybe wd40 will work its way but this sucks!! As for the bushing, dawwm thats a B to get too! We wd40'd that as well and called it the night all pissed off at ford.

G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
we tried a beakobar and everything and still its not comming off

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
WD40 is crap get some PB BLaster, it'll eat away the rust and get into the threads. Also, you really would want to use an impact gun rather than breaker bars.

Secondly the Sway bar link require you to hold the nut at the back once you've lossened it otherwise it'll just spin. IIRC it's a 13mm wrnech that hold the rear flats/nut.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
A
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A
Stazi, it's 17mm, it's mentioned above and it's clearly not his problem

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
You're right, but anyway, like a I said I would get the car to someone house/work who has an impact gun to tackle that nut, not a cheater bar.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Stazi:
You're right, but anyway, like a I said I would get the car to someone house/work who has an impact gun to tackle that nut, not a cheater bar.

ok impact gun it will be..round 2 will be tommorow

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard