Originally posted by Anthony Thomas:
1. Congrats on the passes Demon...
2. Have you looked into tuning your suspension a bit more?
3. You can drop alot of rotating mass in the rear and lessen rolling resitants (sp?) by using some narrow rear tires and skinny drag rubber like Moroso, M&H or M/T front runner tires.
4. It drops alot of unsprung weight and gives a decent boost in trap speed.
5. Also if you have balanced out the front suspension a bit and kill some chassis squat in the rear, you can cut some 1.9 and 1.8 60ft times on drag radials.
6. You also might consider switching to M&H or Mickey Thompson winkle-wall radials. They should dampen alot of wheel hop your getting now, when the side walls flex to take up some of the shock load. BFG and Nitto DR's don't flex at all in the sidewalls.

1. Thank you

2. It is tuned. FOR Autocross and road racing. Just drag racing is irrelevant really. Well definitely in a FWD car!

3. See answer 2. A big waste of money IMO and definitely for my setup.

4. That's not as big deal in acceleration because it's not the drive wheels or causing extra drag because they are on the front. It does slightly lower rolling resistance. I ran with my rears at 42-44 psi to help achieve some of that same effect (i.e. riding on just the middle of the tire) and that's free.

5. I have No lift or dive. I have H&R's with Bilsteins!

6. Maybe for someone that wants to truly drag racing their heavy FWD touring platform. Slicks have a lot more rolling resistance so you need to seriously up the power level to over come that loss on the top end.
I know sub 2.0's are out there on DR's if the axles could hold it.
Heck even on the same axles if you slip the clutch a lot more. Letting the clutch take the initial brunt (more then just a simple slip too! ) should be good for sub 2.0's with the proper setup and power to weight.

My axle did not just "instantly" break. I slipped the clutch (apparently not enough ) and the car jumped forward and only when I rolled to full throttle did the axle twist. You can see the twist marks in the metal and then it just fractured from that point.

So slicks are at the bottom of the list after spending a grand or so on Stage 3+ axles. IMO money not worth it unless you jut had it to burn or had to have the FWD launching ability!
For those power mongers; with axles that held one would surely be the quickest car out there.

It's been proven it doesn't take monster power to be the quickest but just very good power to weight combined with better driving and traction.

I've never liked FWD and I like it less more and more.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.