Originally posted by DemonSVT:
The BIG problem is the inner tripod shaft is the one that breaks.

They need that made from 4340 or better.

Making the outer out of it does not fix the problem. Why are not both made from it if it's a "Stage 2"

Making the outer piece from 4340 does nothing by itself!

THis is what their website said-
This is our 300HP axle set for the Contour and Mondeo. designed for 300HP (maybe more) they are one solid set, center bars made from a high grade chrome moly designed to have more torsional twist (from our special heat treat) they are ready when you are. Using a different heat treat on the outer c.v. and using our oversized inner tripod these axles are ready. This axle can also be ordered in a special Road/Rally version. What we do it carefully polish and match the internals and use a special grease with vented boots (road/rally is an extra $100.00) email or call for ordering the road/rally system.

So, they apparently use an oversized inner tripod? Does that even help? I know of only BurritaSVT destroying these, but once again, that goes back to the shock coefficient Stazi was mentioning. . .sounds like no one could put slicks with 400+hp without destroying these axles. . . I'll go to the track with Tom when he's back to see if they can handle it, but I'm a bit leary. . .sounds like I'd have to baby the frist two gears and then play catch up on 3rd and 4th. . .