I understand that, but fromy experience in the SHO community and here, most FWD cars, have much higher MPH than RWD cars, usually associated with a higher powerband better launch, etc. For example my buddy's sho ran a 13.39 @ 108. The CSVT has about the same powerband, but a little bit shorter gearing than the SHO, and I would obviously expect a drop in ET with the better traction, additionaly I would expect a few MPH increase. Again, I fully believe you can drop your et .1 or even .2 with no MPh gain (as I have with practice in my truck, first time at the track I ran a 13.3 @ 103 and my last time I ran a high 13.1 @ 103). It just seems odd to have a total et decrease of almost .5 seconds and no mph increase? And I thought I saw someone saw they were having problems with the timers....but, like I said, I know Greg will return to the track and prove me wrong. IMO, I just think the 13.70 is a more accurate time.

Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
I believe Greg, because he's a blunt straight forward guy, BUT, with that said, I am just baffled at the .5 reduction in ET, but no improvement in MPH. I know Greg will prove my nay saying....

Thats not uncommon and makes sense. The top speed in the 1/4 is determined mostly by the power the car makes and the coefficient of drag among other things.
The launch won't affect overall top speed but it will seriously affect the ET. If you launch strong you get moving UP to speed quicker and it saves you a bunch of time.

Ryan Trollin!