Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Toadster:
when questioned of your feelings on the case say 'well, he's in court - he MUST be guilty!'

stuff like this works when you get called in. i have known people to sit there for 2 weeks and never even be called in.

good luck and take something to read.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Last time I went in I was 3 days out of surgery for my knee, and they said that it would be too much of a hassel to accommodate(sp?) me, that and I was a full time student. usually the truth will work because they would rather you be honest than tell some story that they have heard a billion times. but the racist thing will definitely get you ou of there. or be sexest(depends on the situation)

Built April 18th 1998 #5770 of 6535 Reborn: July 11, 2004 3L and gone again 12/13/2005 new ride: 98 Silver frost SVT with all my old goodies!!!!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Well so far so good...i did not get called in on monday...i have to call back at 5pm monday after noon.

hopefully i can get out of it.

Lupe

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Yep..most of the time you'll just pass right through the week without going in, and it will be over ..earrr for a year anyway.. If you do get flagged for an interview, then you can explain your problem and see what they can do. They have been very accommodating to people in the past.

- Rich LBC Performance Motorsports Group/AMSOIL '98 Cougar V6 ATX aka 'Candy Striper' Photos
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Tell them you are racist against whatever skin color/background the accused is.

D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
Tell them you are racist against whatever skin color/background the accused is.

I think he said he couldnt have himself do that, and its probably not a good idea to anyways.

Goonz12: <---tries on mommy's cloths
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:
Acrdklr, Johnny SVT, you guys right now make the most sense....sorry guys, but i cannot fake somehting i am not (EX: rasist, bigot...blah blah).

I will jsut go in and be honest with them, and hope that honesty pays off....

Thanks guys!

Lupe

Ya, thats something i cannot do....im not any of thoes things and it would against my moral's if i did.

Lupe

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:

Ya, thats something i cannot do....im not any of thoes things and it would against my moral's if i did.

Lupe

good show.......standing up for your morals......too many people aren't doing that today.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
The courts should have a list of companies and how many days they pay for jury duty. My company had a 10 day limit and the court system knew it. Then it got changed to unlimited and the courts took advantage of it so it got changed back to 10 days. Usually at the start of any trial process (before jury selection) they tell you that the trial will last X number of days and would that be a hardship on anyone. Those that raise their hands are usually dismissed. Most counties have a call in system where you call in every evening and after a week if they don't need you, you are off the hook. I tried to get off once when I was a student and they just said, "Fine, come in during quarter break!" Harsh.
Good luck.
Karl

*** It's all about consistency! *** *** Previously 88SVT *** 06 F150 Supercrew 5.4L FX4 98 SVT Contour #4362 Born 1/6/1998 86 Ranger GT (For Sale) 69 Fiat 850 Sport Spider (For Sale) 67 Formula-S Barracuda
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard