Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Yeah but you cant always be prepare for the next unexpected whatever lays ahead. Going at normal speed without knowing its too late. I cant just slam the brakes hard to make 45 degree turn to avoid any damage to my Mirko while the vehicle could probably slam my car behind.

-dan

98 CSVT 484/6535,18" MI Rims,Nitto NEO GEN Tires,Pioneer DEH-P7300,Custom Cougar CIA,CF Hood,McCULLOCH HID 6K,Custom painted red calipers,Flowmaster 40s mufflers,Drilled Slot rotors,K&N 9" air filter,Brullen HiFlo Y Pipe & CAT,Magnaflow Res
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

Don't follow the vehicle infront of you too close, so you can avoid road debris or anything that they run over. Watch out for anything hairy that you will have to avoid. If anyone rearends you, they are following too close and are at fault in almost any situation.

Honestly, I don't see any real problems until you see residential areas w/ mega speed bumps or deep gutters. You'll be going slow anyway, so it shouldn't be a huge deal....just a minor PITA.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
I have had my H&R's with Koni's for a week now and I absolutely love them! I actually scrape ess than I did with my original SE suspesion and I have the SVT kit. I had one bad strut in the rear so that could have been the issue. I dobt scrape near as much as I did before when entering/exiting my driveway.

The Koni's take away almost all nose dive when breaking and the rear stays level when your laying on the gas. I took my car through the automatic carwash today and i had no problems! I was worried but it was fine. Speed bumps havent been much of an issue but still take tham at an angle and you should be fine.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by XKontour98:
I have had my H&R's with Koni's for a week now and I absolutely love them! I actually scrape ess than I did with my original SE suspesion and I have the SVT kit. I had one bad strut in the rear so that could have been the issue. I dobt scrape near as much as I did before when entering/exiting my driveway.

The Koni's take away almost all nose dive when breaking and the rear stays level when your laying on the gas. I took my car through the automatic carwash today and i had no problems! I was worried but it was fine. Speed bumps havent been much of an issue but still take tham at an angle and you should be fine.

If you don't mind me asking, what settings do you have your Koni struts at?

D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by ContourSVT98:
Question!

And Im surprised no one asked about this. How does this lowering kit affects withour Mirko Splitter!? Even with my stock SVT springs I still scrape the bottom from time to time. Lowering my car over an inch increases the chance of damaging my precious Mirko Splitter. Does anyone have this problem with theirs already?

-dan

My Mirko splitter is off the car most of the time. I've put my stock bumper/lower on several driveways and parking curbs while it was at stock height, and I've smashed up my Mirko a couple of times already while being lowered. If you're having a problem with bottoming your chin spoiler now, you're going to have a bigger problem after you put on any lowering spring kit.

dion 98 SVT, 200 whp/190 lb. ft tq (tuned by ADC), 3.0, P&P heads w/2.5L valves, optimized TB, MSDS, SCA 2.5" catback, SHOshop UIM/LIM, underdrive pulley set, TD's, Koni/H&R, BAER/TCE, Progress, CF1 products
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Alright guys here is the way we are going to do this:

Call 1-800-332-7706 and ask for Mike.
You must make a refference to : Contour Group Buy
Specify the year of your Contour.
Pay

The final price is going to be $189.45. The additional $4.45 from the originally posted price is the drop ship fee from H&R. Please post and make a list of all those who have paid. Thanks

Oh, BTW. Shipping to Canada is quite a bit more expensive. You may want to ask Mike for an exact amount. Thanks

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
how long will this be going on? I need to wait for the next payday at least, or christmas money would be even better

Alex 00 T-Red/Tan SVTC #1964/2150 167 HP @6800 153 TQ @3000 Sold- 98 'Tour SE 24V 5-spd 149 HP @5900 148 LB FT @4300
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Dude, im in for sure if you can get em cheap...cuz my eibachs tend to sag a little, and my buddy's SVT has H & R, and they dont sag at all in the back.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I just talked to Mike and paid for my set of springs. He asked that I post the total price is $190 even.

PAID
1.Swazo

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by kazanma:
Originally posted by XKontour98:

If you don't mind me asking, what settings do you have your Koni struts at?

Heres the pic as promised. I took it yesterday while it was nice out! I appologize if its too big I couldnt resize it.

I have them alomost all the way stiff in the front and all the way stiff in the rear. I dont mind the ride at all. I plan on lettign them up a bit for winter though.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard