Originally posted by Mysti-ken:
Originally posted by Swazo:
Powell is by far the largest asset they have, I would be wounded if he stepped down

In your opinion does Powell have political aspirations for 2008 - and if he does, is he better served by distancing himself from Bush or maintaining a position in cabinet?

I would like to see him run for office, and he is someone I would vote for considering his past stances on issues.

What hurt him was going to the UN with fabrications of WMD, which turned out to be total BS. He lost face in the international community IMO, but only to an extent. The blame on that one should fall apon the VP, and I think most of the world knows that. If you look at what his stance was before the 9/11 attacks and after about invading Iraq, you'll see he was not in favor of doing so. Considering his background, I can accept that. He is also a military man, and he can follow orders as well as give them.

I'd like to see Rummy get the boot, and Powell remain where he's at. I think he adds a lot of strength to President Bush's cabinet, so I would like to see him continue being the voice of reason within it.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone