Originally posted by dutchie:
speaking of moosing....I have the 'bagpipe' setup on my 98 CSVT. Does this mean the moosing has already been fixed?

I was looking into doing the copper cap fix but there isn't as much tube to shove the cap into due to the bends immediately outside the entrance to the intake.

The bagpipe setup was Ford's poor attempt at a fix. If you can't find a place to insert the pipe cap, you might need to replace the existing bagpipe assembly with the straight hose from the later models. Keep in mind that the cap can be placed anywhere in the assembly between the intake tube and the IAC valve - it doesn't have to be immediately in front of the valve. Not sure if that helps.

Quote:

This morning I go to start my car, as soon as it starts, the RPM's are suppose to go a little high and then drop badck down to like 1.2k rpm's cause its cold out, well this time it starts and drops riiiight down to 750rpm?!?! what the hell is that?? what did I do wrong?

By restricting the flow of air to the IAC valve, the pipe cap is doing exactly what it should. You might want to experiment with a slightly larger hole in order to allow a slightly higher cold idle. I tried 3 different sizes until I found a happy medium between allowing a high idle vs. hearing the moose.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500