Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Good thing i live in Mi where it never gets cold enough to moose...

*Waves fist at sky*

J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
interesting thing about my moose.......it must be purposely induced rather than occurring based on the weather. gotta love so cal. it only happens if you are sitting idle and rev up the engine. better yet, the rpm that this happens at changed when my buddy adjusted the airbox. the tab on the bottom of the air box was broken so he rigged somethng up with a piece of coat hanger and the moose moved.

on a side note......you should have seen my uncle and i outside xmas eve scratching our heads trying to figure out what this was and why this happens, before i found ceg. it was funny (to me), the rest of the family was inside having a nice family gathering and we were outside screwing with my car.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
WOW..I just fixed my problem yesterday, or atleast I think I did, I did feel a difference though, a little. I reseted the computer and stuff. This morning I go to start my car, as soon as it starts, the RPM's are suppose to go a little high and then drop badck down to like 1.2k rpm's cause its cold out, well this time it starts and drops riiiight down to 750rpm?!?! what the hell is that?? what did I do wrong?

V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by dutchie:
speaking of moosing....I have the 'bagpipe' setup on my 98 CSVT. Does this mean the moosing has already been fixed?

I was looking into doing the copper cap fix but there isn't as much tube to shove the cap into due to the bends immediately outside the entrance to the intake.

The bagpipe setup was Ford's poor attempt at a fix. If you can't find a place to insert the pipe cap, you might need to replace the existing bagpipe assembly with the straight hose from the later models. Keep in mind that the cap can be placed anywhere in the assembly between the intake tube and the IAC valve - it doesn't have to be immediately in front of the valve. Not sure if that helps.

Quote:

This morning I go to start my car, as soon as it starts, the RPM's are suppose to go a little high and then drop badck down to like 1.2k rpm's cause its cold out, well this time it starts and drops riiiight down to 750rpm?!?! what the hell is that?? what did I do wrong?

By restricting the flow of air to the IAC valve, the pipe cap is doing exactly what it should. You might want to experiment with a slightly larger hole in order to allow a slightly higher cold idle. I tried 3 different sizes until I found a happy medium between allowing a high idle vs. hearing the moose.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Viss1:

Quote:

This morning I go to start my car, as soon as it starts, the RPM's are suppose to go a little high and then drop badck down to like 1.2k rpm's cause its cold out, well this time it starts and drops riiiight down to 750rpm?!?! what the hell is that?? what did I do wrong?

By restricting the flow of air to the IAC valve, the pipe cap is doing exactly what it should. You might want to experiment with a slightly larger hole in order to allow a slightly higher cold idle. I tried 3 different sizes until I found a happy medium between allowing a high idle vs. hearing the moose.

thats what I thought, I'll try a bigger hole

#1100021 11/18/04 09:41 PM
T
tonybox Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
I recently cleaned my IAC and TB as well as replaced the hose between the IAC and accordian tube with a 3 foot hose to kill the moose nd the nreset the PCM....Now my car is constantly stalling almost every time I come to a stop. My gas is near fuel so i'm pretty sure it's not the fuel pump. There is no CEL. To clean the IAC, I left it on and then just sprayed some carb cleaner in while the engine was running.I can't remember if it only does it with my foot on the clutch or not, but it always seems too hapen when i'm coming to a stop. I never had this problem before I did the above work. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard