Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
tonybox Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
I don't know if this could be related at all but... when i had the hood open the other day and hit the gas i heard a poof sound coming from the egine compartment. everytime i hit the gas from idle I would hear this sound. Is this normal in the CSVT or could it be some kind of air leak that may be causing my power loss. Thanks again for the input.

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by Majisto:
Here we go...listen to this and tell me if this is the same thing. http://homepage.mac.com/dogfriend/iMovieTheater14.html

Yep - that's a moosecall!

Doug 2006 Mercury Milan V6 Premier Dark Blue Pearl Former owner of a 2000 SVT Contour
T
tonybox Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
just to be more specific. it wasnt the usual hummuing sound that the mooose makes. it was more of a puff of air sound right before the engine would rev. it was weird becase I wouls hit the gas and the engine sounded like it was gasping for air , and then a second later would finally rev. There was defintitley a delay in the time i hit the gas to the time the engine would rev. Does'nt seem normal. Has anyone experienced this?

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Yes the beginning of that video is definately the MOOSE!
Cueball,I was thinking the same thing. I had 2 caps one with each size hole as listed in the How-To.At the time the larger of the 2 seemed to be better.I'm gonna make it a little bigger,hopefully get my power back! You guys that live where it is warm...be very glad the Moose doesn't live under your hood...boy is it embarrassing when you coworker with the WRX comes over to listen to the new cat-back and all he hears is the Moose

-2000 SVT-Silver Frost/Midnight Blue #1,382 of 2,150 Born on 01-07-2000 It's got stuff -2003 Lincoln Navigator-Ultimate Silver/Midnight Blue -1997 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500-custom paint,CHROME
T
tonybox Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
I have heard that replacing the hose that goes between the accordian tube and the ISC with a longer 2ft hose has been used in the past to "kill the moose". Has anyone here tried this and if so waht were the results. Will this also fix the Trottle hang problem?

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by tonybox:
I have heard that replacing the hose that goes between the accordian tube and the ISC with a longer 2ft hose has been used in the past to "kill the moose". Has anyone here tried this and if so waht were the results. Will this also fix the Trottle hang problem?

It's actually more like a 3 foot length & it is usually not used because you'll have a coil of tubing under the hood. kinda ugly compared to a hidden copper cap in the hose to the IAC valve.

Additionally, it will NOT cure the TH issues, so the copper cap solves two problems, the length of hose only kills the moose.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by CueballSVT:
Originally posted by Majisto:
Here we go...listen to this and tell me if this is the same thing. http://homepage.mac.com/dogfriend/iMovieTheater14.html

Yep - that's a moosecall!

That sounds like the moose I killed when I put the SVT air box and associated air intake components on my '96 SE. There is a small resonator chamber teed into the line running from the air intake tube to the IAB. This chamber killed my moose and he hasn't come back yet.

'96 SE 2.5 V6 ATX, Willow Frost Metallic 10-hole '84 Mustang 15x7 wheels w/ Dunlop 225/50-15's CSVT air intake components with K&N cone filter Optimized TB Gutted Pre-cats w/MIL eliminators
T
tonybox Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
I am considering using the 2 inch piece of 3/8 fuel line hose inserted in the hose instead if he copper cap. some have reported it has less "side effects". Could this be used in conjunction with the longer 3 foot replacement hose. Will there be any added benefits ar is it just a waste of time?

S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
just did the TH fix on my 2000 SVT and it cured the moosing with no noticeable power loss... took about 5 minutes to do.

'00 SVT 49,000 Silver Frost b&m short shift, 17"tires, driver 100mph+daily
T
tonybox Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
okay, so i just did the throttle body clean and sprayed some carb cleaner into the IAC. I installed the 3 foot hose to fix the moose and so far so good. Only problem is I decided to reset the PCM...and when I looked for fuse 4 there is'nt one. is this possible. What does fuse 4 do?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard