Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by TexasRealtor:
Ive heard that Borlas are the best, but also the priciest. They are also not as loud as some of the others(which is what I like about them)when use with resonators. Try going to www.trubendz.com to get a good deal. Then pay a shop to install for you( $150-$200).

I wouldn't pay a shop more than $100 for installation...

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
i got a tempoary crush bent exahust form a local shop...with flowmaster 40 series mufflers.

only cost me 200 out the door for everything with tips.

Flowmaster offered me great sound but i only picked up maybe 7 WHP...(because its crush bent).

Lupe

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by FreeShyne:
Ive heard that Borlas are the best, but also the priciest. They are also not as loud as some of the others(which is what I like about them)when use with resonators. Try going to www.trubendz.com to get a good deal. Then pay a shop to install for you( $150-$200).

I wouldn't pay the shop at all. Catback exhaust has to be the easiest performance mod to install behind a K&N and MAF Adaptor. Unless you have an SE and need another exhaust hanger installed, you may consider doing it yourself. 2 or 3 bolts and you pull the stock from the exhaust hangers. Assemble the aftermarket exhaust and bolt it on without forgetting the gasket. Hang it and tighten the exhaust clamps down when you have everything lined up like you want.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Dyno your car before you get your exhaust done and then once you the flowmasters installed, dyno it again and then tell him you want a free exhaust for not gaining the 30+ hp like he said you would.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
Dyno your car before you get your exhaust done and then once you the flowmasters installed, dyno it again and then tell him you want a free exhaust for not gaining the 30+ hp like he said you would.

and then ask for a refund on the dyno prices.

Lupe

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T

I was talking about installing a y-pipe and cat-back. My shop quoted me $150 for the install. I'd rather pay a professional install guy to do it right the first time and get it done all in one morning and not have to worry about rusted bolts , broken hangers, etc.

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:

Word, plus the dyno will be useful later if you ever chip your ride.

I wonder how much a mandrel bent SS system would achieve (in hp) if a crush bent system achieves 7

Never had my car dynoed yet

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Trubendz is the best bang for the buck.

ANY local shop will build you a POS crush bent system that won't even perform as well as the stock SVT exhaust with it's resonator replaced.

'nuff said.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:
i got a tempoary crush bent exahust form a local shop...with Blowmaster 40 series mufflers.

Flowmaster offered me great sound but i only picked up maybe 7 WHP...

I don't buy that for a second!

No way in hell you picked up 7FWHP.

A Borla or likely even Bassani doesn't net 7FWHP.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er

I was talking about installing a y-pipe and cat-back. My shop quoted me $150 for the install. I'd rather pay a professional install guy to do it right the first time and get it done all in one morning and not have to worry about rusted bolts , broken hangers, etc.

Well you proved my point...$150 for cat-back AND Y-pipe...$150-$200 as you said at first for only a cat-back as previously discussed is too much...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard