Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Bridgestone Turanza LS-T 195/65-14

They are ROCKS. Nice tires overall. VERY quiet, inexpensive for a touring tire ($65), handle well for a touring tire, traction is excellent for a touring tire - wet or dry.

I'd have to say I'm absolutely thrilled with the purchase, WAAAAY better than the Michelins that were on the car when I bought it. The Mics were nearly new & I got rid of them within two weeks (my first mod).

I now have almost 40,000 miles on them and more than half of the tread is still on the tires. Fabulous for highway cruising, but I'm getting a little tired of the harshness they seem to have on bumps around town (they're not as good as the Mics in that respect).

Would somebody be so kind as to recommend a 17" performance tire that will give me a quiet, smooth ride and decent traction? I've been looking at (have not tried) the KDW-2 but they may be a bit noisy for my liking.

Dont look too much farther than where you're actually at. The bridgestone turanza line is not only offered in T rated, but also more attractive tread designs with the H, V, and Z rated tread and also carry 40k and 50k mile warranties depending on profile.

Derek Johnson 88 TurboTBird 32psi, t3/t4 bb 50trim, megasquirt, 3 bar map, 50lb inj, roller cam w adj. gear, header, 3" downpipe and full exhaust, gutted intake manifolds, spec stg 3 95SE 3L gone