My point was that I wouldn't call it "hardly in yet". Most scientists will agree that it is genetic or at least some combination of genetic and environmental factors, we're just not able to pinpoint exactly what yet, and likely never will.

If you're waiting for definitive proof, you're simply unlikely to get it. Scientists rarely agree with one another all the time -- it keeps them employed if nothing else. But science is also constantly evolving.

With very rare exception can we point at a gene and say "that's the one". Not even with long withstanding things like autism, which have tens of thousands of researches looking at it, can we pinpoint the genes causing it.

On that subject, let me ask you a question, Sandman:

Genes are not simply On/Off switches. Having a gene that is a sign of a particular genetic disorder does not mean that you'll have that disorder because genetic disorders can also be affected by environmental factors as is presumably the case with autism for example.

If, at some point, scientists say a particular gene causes homosexuality but a certain environmental factor introduced at a particular point causes it to 'alter' a person, does that mean homosexuality is genetic or environmental?

Without the gene, exposure to that environment would never have caused a change. But without the environment the change wouldn't have occured either.

I ask because this is most likely the scenario that will be agreed upon by geneticists because that's simply how genetics works, it's rarely a 100% black and white thing.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX