No, not really. Everyone is prohibited from same-sex marriage also. This includes hetero and homosexuals. I can imagine that there are instances where business or other (inheritance) advantages could be gained by heterosexuals who engaged in a same-sex marriage, but that is also prohibited to them.

Again, it depends on your point of view. Homosexuals (moreso today than at any other time) seem to insist that we change our long-held values and definitions by beating us over the head again and again that they are somehow being victimized. I don't buy it.

No one is preventing homosexuals from making a will (living or otherwise), or making a host of other legal documents that would give their partner the same rights and responsibilities as married couples. They would actually pay a penalty come April, as any married couple who files taxes can attest to.

The conclusion, then, is that homosexuals want to change our societal values and norms. They want a legal requirement that we respect them. Sorry, it's not going to happen. The opposite is more likely, that their fight for legal respect will in turn spur social backlash and violence, neither of which I advocate. They are trying to force their beliefs and values on society. Sorry, but they are far, far in the minority, and unless we want to start making ridiculous applications of the law similar to what I hinted to in a previous post, we really don't want to go there.

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.