Originally posted by Sandman333:
...Too many people blame the bad in the world on God, claiming He does nothing to stop it. Evil is not God's fault, Evil keeps us from God, because He will not violate His own Riteousness (SP?). It's man's folly to blame God for Evil....

If I may be so bold...

I've always held that God's design for mankind is perfect. I've also always held that mankind's interpretation of God's design has been shot to Hell and back; the mistakes that have been made in the name of religion (be it Christian, Judaism, Islam, etc.) are beyond count.

Some of the worst crimes against humanity have been facilitated by those with the most religious conviction.

I don't pretent to wish to change anyone's mind on how they view their religion; that is a personal choice and one I respect. What I would like changed is people's views on where religion (be it ANY religion) should be THE sole decider on who to and NOT to give common civil rights to.

It simply flies in the face of the principles that this country has stood for and stands for today.

"All men are created equal"
-Declaration of Independance

What it means and what it has strove to serve as is a definition of EQUAL rights to US citizens, regardless of their race, creed, color or religion and SEXUAL ORIENTATION.

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe