Originally posted by zgendron:
Originally posted by Sandman333:
Anyway, when the majority decides that gay marriage is acceptable (and I do believe that will happen one day, though I will continue to disagree with it), then the law will be changed. What I see right now is a minority group demanding that society at large bend to their will and allow them to defile one of the most sacred and heavily moral-based institutions. That is unacceptable.

And how is this any different than the rights for Blacks to vote, Segregation of the Schools, or Interacial Marriages?

All these were situations where a majority was against the idea.

I know, lets bring back the poll tax in those 11 southern states. That way the poor cannot vote either (aimed specifically at Blacks). And we can DENY them that right, because after all, they are different.

Are we supposed to just sit around and wait for the majority to be OK with it now? Comeon. As someone that stands to defend our country, how do you not see this as a Civil Rights issue???

Christian teaching has nothing about discriminating against Blacks etc etc..... If you think it teaches discrimination against women, then you need to read up on New Testament instructions to husband/wife. Those are the values I am speaking of. Was slavery wrong? Absolutely. Was sufferage wrong? Absolutely. Is homosexual marriage wrong? In my (and the majority) opinion, absolutely.

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.